Poly Swaybar Bracket Bushing Question

WackyWRZ

Registered
Hey, all, I am doing a bunch of front end work this weekend (Lower Balljoints, Strut Rod bushings, etc..) and was thinking about putting in Polyureathane front swaybar brackets. Does anyone know what size the front sway bar is? Also, would this be a worthwhile change? Or would I be better off buying a new one from ADDCO?? Last off, I am going to order a new rear one, and remember reading that the Addco comes with rubber bushings, but it was possible to order one from somewhere that came with poly bushings and endlinks included already. If someone could help advise me on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Is there somewhere that I can find torque specs for the front end parts, i.e. Strutrod->LCA, Strutrod->Frame, Lower strut, etc...

RE: Poly Swaybar Bracket Bushing Question

Hope this helps...

TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS
Description Lb-Ft
Lower Arm to Subframe 82-114
Lower Arm to Shock 118-162
Lower Arm to Spindle (Ball Joint) 83-113
Lower Arm to Front Suspension Lower Arm Strut 89-118
Upper Arm to Body 56-88
Upper Arm to Spindle (Ball Joint) 50-66
Stabilizer Bar Link to Spindle 39-53
Stabilizer Bar Link to Stabilizer Bar 39-53
Stabilizer Bar Bracket 41-55
Front Suspension Lower Arm Strut to Subframe 89-118
Upper Shock Mount to Body 17-22
Tie Rod End to Spindle 39-53 (a)
ABS Sensor 40-60 (Lb-In)
Brake Hose Retaining Bolt 9-11
Wheel Hub Bolt Nuts 85-105
Wheel Hub Nut 189-254
Brake Caliper/Anchor Bolts 65-88
(a) - Tighten to minimum torque, then continue to tighten until aligned to nearest cotter pin slot.

As for poly bushings, check out http://www.mn12performance.com/

RE: Poly Swaybar Bracket Bushing Question

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Hey, all, I am doing a bunch of front end work this weekend (Lower Balljoints, Strut Rod bushings, etc..) and was thinking about putting in Polyureathane front swaybar brackets. Does anyone know what size the front sway bar is? Also, would this be a worthwhile change? Or would I be better off buying a new one from ADDCO?? Last off, I am going to order a new rear one, and remember reading that the Addco comes with rubber bushings, but it was possible to order one from somewhere that came with poly bushings and endlinks included already. If someone could help advise me on this, it would be greatly appreciated. P.S. Is there somewhere that I can find torque specs for the front end parts, i.e. Strutrod->LCA, Strutrod->Frame, Lower strut, etc...
[/div]

It should help a bit. It might be enough to keep you from having to break your back replacing the entire bar.

My rear sway bar from summitracing.com came with poly bushings - both end links AND center bushings. Good deal.

Back