Auto-X

PHRANQUY

Registered
Ok, I know here are a few of you out there that Auto-X. Here's the thing, I'm wanting to set my car up for Open Track/Open Road/Auto-X.

Just to get me started, I was looking at upgrading to the Mustang 99+ 2 piston calipers and using the Non-Sport T-bird rotors, probably a Brembo or other higher end rotor. Yes the rotors are smaller, but the 2 piston calipers will allow more clamping force. Perhaps someone has some other recomendations here?

For suspension, I was going to start by upgrading the rear sway bar (and the front if i have the motor out), using Cobra rear shocks, subframe connectors, front and rear shock tower braces.

So, I'm wondering what everyone recomends using for these upgrades, or if someone has other ideas as to what to do to get me started in this.

So, yeah, I guess i'm really just wondering what everyone else is using.

RE: Auto-X

I haven't autocrossed my Mark VIII so I can't give specific advice, but I've autocrossed my '00 Cougar for a couple of seasons.

I'd start by deciding what class you want to run and use the allowable mod list as a guide for prepping your car. I modded my Cougar before looking at the rules and got stuck in Street Modified where my car is not competitive.

This should give you a pretty good start on what is legal in the different classes: http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/
A streetable Mark VIII should fall under F Stock, E Street Prepared, Street Modified or Street Modified 2. The Prepared and Modified classes are dedicated race cars for the most part.

Back