the car wont stop

buchshot1

Registered
I found the bracket got it all back together and the car will not stop.
the brakes wont even hold in gear at idle. I put a new master cylinder, cailpers and rotors all the around. Bled the brakes twice and still no better,
any Ideas?
thanks

If you replaced your master cylinder, you might have air in your abs pump/system.

I think it needs to be done with a scanner that can cycle the abs pump.

I've also heard of a "trick" that you can do but I've forgot what it is at the moment. I'll see if I can find it.

Maybe search the web with ABS bleeding or something like that?

Are you also sure you adequately bled the brakes. What I mean is because they are ABS the brakes are diagionally connected RH Front to LH Rear on front chamber of master cylinder and others on rear, so you need to go corner to corner, not just to the rear pass. side to rear diver side etc. in order to get all the air out.

If you replaced your master cylinder, you might have air in your abs pump/system.

I think it needs to be done with a scanner that can cycle the abs pump.

I've also heard of a "trick" that you can do but I've forgot what it is at the moment. I'll see if I can find it.

Maybe search the web with ABS bleeding or something like that?

Do you mean the Traction Control trick to cycle the ABS? That would work ok. (chock front wheels, jack up the rear, put car in drive and ABS pump activates)

Hows the pedal feel? If its spongey, there is still air in system, if its hard, but brakes are crappy, its likely a vacuum leak or possibly other problem.

It goes to the floor and will not stop the car. and they will not pump up. I put a new master cylinder on it. so either the new master cylinder is bad on there is a lot of air in it.

Ok, cool. When you fitted the M/cyl did you bleed it first, before connecting up the brake pipes? If not, then its likely just alot of air in the lines that will need bleeding out.

I got it fixed, I'm a retard. When I put the master cylinder in the rod was misaligned and wasn't pushing it all the way. So I drove the car she stops great and goes even better.

Not bad for $650 well plus 150 for calipers, rotors and master cylinder.
Now on to the tranny
thanks for the help

Back