Quickest Lincolns of Distinction - DISCUSSION

I've done alot of things as far as checking my opponents position compared to mine.

In the staging lanes I always get some good perspectives of the cars positions around me, KEEPING IN MIND that in the staging lanes the cars are closer together with less distance between the staging lanes compared to the on track position.

the thing that works best for me is usually I will try to be the first person to "prestage", it's just a part of my routine.

As soon as I get the top bulb lit I settle into my seat and wait for my opponent to prestage.

When they hit the top light I look over and get a good reference point out the window as to where their car is.

When both cars are in prestage they are absolutely lined up...this is a good time to get your reference point.

Since most of tracks I race at either require or suggest "courtesy staging", I have used this as a part of my starting line procedure for a long time.

This seems like a complete waste of time to me, you want to keep your package low but playing around with a sharpie pin in the lanes or trying to find a pen line in the traps dosen't sound smart to me.

True, but if you dont know where your opponent as "AT" then any top end tactics are only "guessing".

confidence in your dial in and your cars performance is KEY as you are pointing out though I agree.

This seems like a complete waste of time to me, you want to keep your package low but playing around with a sharpie pin in the lanes or trying to find a pen line in the traps dosen't sound smart to me.

some tactics work well for some, while not for others.
while it may seem like a waste of time for you, you will find most successful national event winners use this(or similar) tactic(s) to help them win national events. we're not talkign weekend grudge racers...we're talking some of the WORLD's best bracket racers...the ones that race 1/8 mile events worth over $1million dollars.

however...what works for them, might end up causing others to beat themselves.

Tommy...have you ever tuned in to the live broadcast of the 'Million"? it's online bracket racing covereage of the richest pay-out bracket race in the world.

these guys will cut lights in the .oox and run their dial-ins to the thousandths of a second, with the margin's dipping in to the hundredth of thousanths of a second.

we listened to one round...both drivers had .002 lights, and both ran right on with zero's...followed by 1's...the margin was .00003

...THOSE are the guys with the Sharpies in the staging lanes. taking it to the inch...

confidence in your dial in and your cars performance is KEY as you are pointing out though I agree.

I think Scotty Richardson said it best "I just cut a good light trust my dail in and wait for the other guy to make a mistake."

while it may seem like a waste of time for you, you will find most successful national event winners use this(or similar) tactic(s) to help them win national events.

I have been in more pictures like this then I can count, from Nat. event wins that friends have won.
Maybe thats why Brothers buddy Troy Grant spanked your friend David Adams at the mile highs last year, was David busy with a sharpie :rolleyes:

What is discussed is how much time to put in or take out what MPH does the car run your racing, is the guy your running some weekender with a horse shoe up his butt or is it a pro like Gary Stinnett, If its Stinnett you better cut a light and be dialed in or your going home no sharpie is going to help you.

gary.jpg

...THOSE are the guys with the Sharpies in the staging lanes. taking it to the inch...

I'm far, far from needing a Sharpie, lol... but having attended and participated in a couple big Ford events, I'm always impressed by the guys who consistently cut double "O" lights and run within a couple thousandths of their dial-in.

That's a whole decimal point better than I, which means they are like 10X better than me! Shoot, I feel good cutting a 0.0xx light and running within a half-tenth(0.050) of my dial. :D

I love dragsters, they taste just like chicken!
*grins*

I dont need no stinkin delay box,transbrake or crossover box or any downtrack timers to "run my car".

my opponents dont run those devices either, so you really cant wait for "them" to make a mistake..

as that doesnt MAKE the win light come on "too often".

FOOTBRACKIN=REAL RACING

Look at his 60' :eek: How much does the car weigh now Burbank? Very nice.

I don't know, but I think around 3800 with me in it.It should be little lighter this year as I purchased some racing seats and I did some more weight reduction. I am also going with 4000 stall converter vs 3200 last year so my 60' should be little better.
I will put my car on scale in april so we will se what she weights

mlschultz / Mike Schultz / 98 Mark VIII LS/C / 12.162 @ 113.42

60'....1.808
330'...5.112
1/8....7.813
mph...90.89
1000'.10.172
1/4...12.162
mph..113.42

Last edited:
If you post your times in the following format, it makes it a LOT easier for me to edit the list. :)

mlschultz / Mike Schultz / 98 Mark VIII LSC / 12.162 @ 113.42

Back