Guess what i did wrong and win

JaxFlConnor

Registered
I just got done replacing the entire front suspension on the passenger side (excluding hubs and spindle) and took it in for a quick alignment so it would get me to work for the next 2 days until i could take more time off to finish the driver side.

Coming back from the shop i was braking to turn into my driveway when i heard a loud pop from the passenger side and the car suddenly pulled to the right and afterwards i had to hold the wheel 20 degrees to the right to maintain a straight line. I got home alright but can't jack the car up until it stops raining. Anyone care to take a guess at what i'll find when i do? I tightened everything down with only about half load on the tire but that's the only thing i can think of that was not 'by the book'.

RE: Guess what i did wrong and win

hmmmm.... tie rods would be my best guess. Did you tighten them well?

EDIT: outer that is.

i bet the alignment guy didn't tighten the bolt on the lower control arm enough. it came loose and your car went way out of alignment.

happened to me once. at sears. don't take your car to sears for an alignment even if they are the only ones open when you get off of work.

1. Two very good answers, but I would also check the hub. A bad hub can also cause a brake pull.

I'm re-torqueing everything tomorow and finishing the driver side... if it doesnt brake down on the way to the alignment i'll let you know what it was.

Back