creaking noise up front

KempoDavid

Registered
94 mark, 82k miles.

Whenever the front end moves at all- turning, getting into the car, road variations etc - there is a terrible CREAKing noise from both sides. Sounds like an old buggy or my grandma's joints...

control arms? I hope so, I know how to replace those...

what do you think?

Yup....ball joints. Typical noise on Ford vehicles. When you hear it that bad, better get 'em fixed QUICK!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

X2 on balljoints.

I know why they invented the word **** !!!

The left lower arm is completely deached except for the ****ing ball joint, I can't get it our of the knuckle

I've hammered the heck out of it, WD40, I even went to Oreilys and got a forked pry bar CALLED a ball joint remover LOL and all I've been able to do with that is completely destroy the boot.

How in the **** do I get this thing loose??

It's sunday 11/21 if you are reading this and have some advice plz post or even call me at

BTW I don't think the noise was the ball joint. The lower arm strut bushings make the noise I was hearing when the arm is moved.

Hit the side of the control arm, where the ball joint goes thru to distort the metal. It will pop out on it's own guaranteed.
Do not hit the actual ball joint as it does literally nothing.

Well, I'm really at a loss. I've hammered on this thing until my arm is tired, I've used half a can of wd-40 and some other junk too. I've even got a fork thing from Oreillys, and nothing is making this stud come loose.

Am I down to the torch? My neighbor offered to come and torch it, since I don't have one...

I even hammered directly down on the top of the ball joint stud and no results.

:'(

Yes, take the blue wrench to it.:)

Just heat the spindle part around the balljoint stud, and it will expand. I'd start out with a little heat at first, but try not to heat the stud too.

WD40 does absolutely NOTHING.... it is a water dispersant, NOT much else. Use PB Blaster to loosen metal to metal.

i tried calling you, but your wife had the phone, if your are still having problems with your ball joints -or any sort- give me a call, ive replaced or refabricated several parts for the Mark VIII
254-228-3453
-Jeremy

Back