98 red sleeper lsc

no emissions test in FL :D:D:D

i didn't mean to offend you if you have a turbo in your car either :eek:

i just always wanted cams and was excited to see someone put them in

no emissions test in FL :D:D:D

i didn't mean to offend you if you have a turbo in your car either :eek:

i just always wanted cams and was excited to see someone put them in

No, of course not...I don't have a turbo yet, but my car is almost ready for one. Just need rims and tires. Brakes, suspension, and driveline are all done.

I can be too anal for some people. I'm guessing a cam job would cost upwards of $2k. For that amount of money one can get 4.10 traction lok, a bulletproof TC of any stall speed, and put fat rims and tires on the back...for a better 1/4 mile car. But since these are toys, I never criticize whatever anyone spends on them. I can actually see doing a cam job for the award for best sounding Mark. Forced induction can't touch cams for engine growl...exhaust systems being equal. One need only look at the 60's muscle cars for that.

Once upon a time there was an invention that allowed a person to capture a visual image of a moment in time. That image could then be passed along for others to see. That brief, instant moment in time was frozen, and displayed for other people to stare at and witness something that the person who captured the image had seen.
One could capture events, landscapes, objects, crowds, nature, animals, light, and even actions. That person could then share that moment with tens of thousands of other people.

quit being so selfish and share damnit....SHARE!!!!! ;)

Are you trying to say:
tpiswwp.gif

Once upon a time there was an invention that allowed a person to capture a visual image of a moment in time. That image could then be passed along for others to see. That brief, instant moment in time was frozen, and displayed for other people to stare at and witness something that the person who captured the image had seen.
One could capture events, landscapes, objects, crowds, nature, animals, light, and even actions. That person could then share that moment with tens of thousands of other people.

quit being so selfish and share damnit....SHARE!!!!! ;)

Are you trying to say:
tpiswwp.gif

Agreed!

Last edited:
d reinhardt told me he usually got in the 380s hp without cams and elec.water pump at 8 to 10 lbs boost, so i guess the cams are good for 50 to 100 hp with right exhaust. we could have took it into the 500s with drag strip fuel close to that on 93 octane with smaller pulley i was chicken,don,t want to blow it up.

ok i can take a hint,i just got it put back together from the cobra brakes upgrade from hell. still need to lower front about an in.but that takes drilling,so off to car wash and i'll do some pics will post later. i,ll get some pics and part no.s on exhaust later this week. anyone getting ready to do the cobra brake thang keeping it 108 pm me a phone no. i.ll tell you every problem your gonna have,it,s all very fresh in my mind. mike

if you want to see the dyno,d reinhardt has it posted on the other unnamed mark 8 website under immaculate 98 lsc build. happy viewing for those who need to verify..

if you want to see the dyno,d reinhardt has it posted on the other unnamed mark 8 website under immaculate 98 lsc build. happy viewing for those who need to verify..

I only said that because he has a controversial reputation.

While the dyno sheets may be legit, there are some risky things that can be done inside the engine to improve power figures at the expense of blowing up the engine in short time.

To conclude, I would only deal with someone with a clean rep when they are doing things to my car that I cannot verify.

Let me put it this way, if you Google a guy and he shows up on the first page with some very negative claims against him, he may not be a guy to trust with a large investment.

Mods: I've only stated unbaised acts here...feel free to check Google.

well... he should have known better than to tune that much HP anyway on a stock motor... Rods are known to be good until 450hp @7k RPMs at the crank.

just don't beat on it to much :D;)

i'm always willing to listen to opinions,good or bad,if there is a little explanation included.it's to easy posting somethig bad about someone without the proper details or for that matter without any details. one dissatisfied customer can effect 50 potential customers. the damage is done if the complaint is reasonable or not. i try to keep an open mind on what i read and not base my decisions completely on an unhappy customer or two. imformation is everything,sometimes you got to dig. even that does'nt always work. example 450hp at crank vs 450hp at wheels. i.ve heard both from a number of EXPERTS. 450 at the wheels is in the lead as being ok.who knows? kinda like centerbore on stock mark viii wheel had about 6 people give differant numbers on what was correct swearing they were right beyond a shadow of a doubt. 5 of them were wrong. i read the bad about reinhardt,also read the good. i personaly wouldn't hesitate to recomend him to anyone considering major mods on their 4.6,but alas,thats my opinion.

450rwhp in a mark is not sustainable on a daily basis... unless you strengthen the engine.

just what i was trying to say... don't beat on it to much :p

the rods are powder forged... thats just what they last to... Next step is H beams. The mark has a cast crank also.

Not trying to down play your ride, I think its awesome. Just giving you a heads up.

i'm always willing to listen to opinions,good or bad,if there is a little explanation included.it's to easy posting somethig bad about someone without the proper details or for that matter without any details. one dissatisfied customer can effect 50 potential customers. the damage is done if the complaint is reasonable or not. i try to keep an open mind on what i read and not base my decisions completely on an unhappy customer or two. imformation is everything,sometimes you got to dig. even that does'nt always work. example 450hp at crank vs 450hp at wheels. i.ve heard both from a number of EXPERTS. 450 at the wheels is in the lead as being ok.who knows? kinda like centerbore on stock mark viii wheel had about 6 people give differant numbers on what was correct swearing they were right beyond a shadow of a doubt. 5 of them were wrong. i read the bad about reinhardt,also read the good. i personaly wouldn't hesitate to recomend him to anyone considering major mods on their 4.6,but alas,thats my opinion.

So you haven't read my Reinhart review? It's right here:

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9602&highlight=dennis

I've heard of dozens of other through a network of former Reinhart customers...they number in the dozens with stories like mine.

Look him up at www.jobvent.com. Looks like he has some disgruntled employees as well...

Back