Mpg

Lonnie

Blue Oval Chips
Just wondering what others are getting with their Town Cars. My move from FL to IN the car average ended up being 26 mpg. That was with a premium 93 tune, 3600 rpm stall converter. 98 Cartier, factory duals, PI intake swap and Marauder MAF/air box with a quickie tune.

In the city I get around 18-19 mph ( :) ).
On the Freeway I get around 28-29 mpg.

Stock 2003 Town Car Signature .

The 2006 Town Car gets 18 or so mixed driving, and I think the only highway trip to date was 23+ but that was through the mountains.

City I'm about 16 - 17. You would think with at high of a stall speed it would be worse. The car was completely loaded during the move also. Wonder what it would have gotten with just 2 passengers? And people are afraid of these cars because they say they get horrible mileage?

Once things settle down here I have a complete Marauder exhaust and a 2.5" Xpipe to install. That should help out with the mileage compared to the 1 5/8" factory exhaust on it now.

Well I'll chime in with my Crown Vic.... since it should be at above what you guys are stating ;)...

I am at 23-25 highway depending on speed 80-70.
City lol... i think we have different definitions of city... since the CV probably gets about 13-15 in town...

Commuting average is 21. Which includes 90% highway and 10% city. Not bad... especially compared to V6 family sedans.

Regular gas only...

So I'm not doing bad at all for what mods I have an a perfrormance program.

Forgot to add it has 3.55 gears vice the stock 3.08s.

Last edited:
Just three weeks ago I bought a '99 Signature Series-Touring Edition and got 25mpg on a trip from Southern Ontario to Panama City Beach. 3,000 miles in ten days. Two oi changes in ten days.

elreveredo

Back