New toys from Bill at SuperCoupe Performance...

Sierra3

Registered
Glad these were still on my deck after i got back. I left for NY on vacation to see family and couldnt wait up for them to come in mail. Nice surprize to stumble over in the dark while fumbling for keys after getting back. :)
Hopefully this cures my dreaded wheelhop issue im having and cuts back on my 60 foot times. Needed some poly upper and lower rear bushings too cause mine are still stockers and rotted out. I think the old bushings were 80 percent of my problem to start with, allowing the controll arms to move forward and back.

1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1611.jpg

RE: New toys from Bill at SuperCoupe Performance...

Thanks, i still have to get two new rear axle hub retiner nuts #F3LY3B477A as they can't be reused once loosened.

My exhaust has caused me problems with some of these braces. For example, the rear torsion brace had to be modified by lengthening the short vertical portion where it bolts to the subframe to allow it to clear the exhaust pipes. I still need to slightly bend the driver's side pipe as it contacts the brace ever so slightly.

I modified a Cobra pinion brace to fit the Mark VIII IRS setup, but again, the exhaust is right smack in the way. I'm keeping it and later when I redo the exhaust, I'll have the exhaust re-routed to allow the pinion brace.

At least the rear cover brace installed without a hitch. ;)

I still have the bushings to install. I know mine are shot. Let us know how that goes for you and let us know if your exhaust setup complicates matters as it did for me.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
My exhaust has caused me problems with some of these braces. For example, the rear torsion brace had to be modified by lengthening the short vertical portion where it bolts to the subframe to allow it to clear the exhaust pipes. I still need to slightly bend the driver's side pipe as it contacts the brace ever so slightly.I modified a Cobra pinion brace to fit the Mark VIII IRS setup, but again, the exhaust is right smack in the way. I'm keeping it and later when I redo the exhaust, I'll have the exhaust re-routed to allow the pinion brace.At least the rear cover brace installed without a hitch. ;) I still have the bushings to install. I know mine are shot. Let us know how that goes for you and let us know if your exhaust setup complicates matters as it did for me.
[/div]

So far, I have only replaced the spindle bushings. But I have zero wheel hop now. When I launch, both tires spin and I go straight...it really doesn't want to go sideways anymore.

Cool, glad to hear the bushings make that much differance. Yep i had car over to friends house and we measured everything out today, and yes the exhaust will have to be modified down a little bit it looks like. After looking at everything layed out and getting under there i opted to bring it to my fav technician at the dealership to hook it up.
We were just going to do the rear cover brace and the pinion and lower conroll arm brace in the driveway and let the dealership do the busings, till i saw the exhaust had to be dropped. Thats lift material right there cause my pipes are basicly all one piece after the headers, and might as well get them all done at once.

I still need to take a ride back down to Lonnie's to get my shift points lowered lower than we last set them. But the car has proven itself on my Florida to NY trip and back. No issues or troubles, ran it at night and slept in day in North Carlina. Something i was very nervous about undertaking with a 4:10 car with a stall. She got 24.7 MPG the whole way at 2800 RPM. Ran between 75-80 MPH the whole way only stopping for gas, smokes, and cold pepsi.

Heres some pics i took of it after a detailing at my lil brothers camp on the water in NY. Took me out on his boat and we drank wayy too much beer up there at the camp. lol

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1627.jpg

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1628.jpg

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1629.jpg

Nice pics! :)

If you can, take some of the bracework vs. the exhaust when the time comes. ;)

Ok, ill go down there tomorrow when its on the lift.

Yep, the right side of the exhaust had to be cut off. Will have it re welded on tommorow and take pics there on the mufflers shop lift, as i left the camera in the car up on the lift. That thing was very loud even with one muffler doing its job. The other one was lopped off behind the catylitic.
Its going to be a very tight fit, but they did the left side alright and it clears, so i know the right is possible with same bends and opposite angles..

Did you do your front mount bushings already?

What do you mean by front bushings? If you mean the front tires, i had both sides upper A arms replaced and also a set of MOOG poly bushings in the front. The rear pumpkin already has the poly case mounts installed. The front sway bar is still stock. When you throw it into a corner hard you can feel it. The back stays straight and the front leans over pretty good. I need to get a matching bigger one up front and make it disconnectable with a clamp for the track.

Im looking into having a bolt apart clamp welded up that holds the bar safely when it is disconnected. Just too busy with other things right now. Have to draw up some plans to bring to my uncle. He can make anything out of metal. Mig, Tig or braised, theres always a way.

Back