Rear window seal

curterj145xr

Registered
Has anyone tried to repair a rear window seal that has dry rotting issues? I was thinking of trying body filler meant for flexible parts to smooth out the dry areas and then paint the trim with flat black flexible paint. Do you think this will work? Has anyone done something else that worked well?

Can't afford the $1000 bucks to replace the window.

Are you insured :D ?? Those golf balls can come outta anywhere!

I know what you mean though. Some get all wavy, some rot. Mine is starting to do what yours is. I thought of using black silicone caulk and very carefully spreading it on.

quick fix for appearance is electrical tape sounds cheesy but it does the trick from a distance. i am still looking for a fix to my self maybe i to should go to the driving range

curter you live in palm bay, i live in tarpon springs, i'll sell you a perfect rear window and seal if you want to drive over and pick it up. i have two of them i kept out of parts cars, i'll sell one for $250 they are in great condition.

I purchased the molding kit from Hal's Restoration and cut off the outer part of the seal off per the instructions and cleaned the old adhesive off the paint. It's been that way for awhile now while I've worked on buffing out the rest of the paint. If you didn't know any better it really doesn't look all that bad. I'll eventually put the filler trim on since I've got it but I don't know if I would've spent the money on it now.

I purchased the molding kit from Hal's Restoration and cut off the outer part of the seal off per the instructions and cleaned the old adhesive off the paint. It's been that way for awhile now while I've worked on buffing out the rest of the paint. If you didn't know any better it really doesn't look all that bad. I'll eventually put the filler trim on since I've got it but I don't know if I would've spent the money on it now.

could you post some pictures and maybe a link or two to where you got it

curter you live in palm bay, i live in tarpon springs, i'll sell you a perfect rear window and seal if you want to drive over and pick it up. i have two of them i kept out of parts cars, i'll sell one for $250 they are in great condition.

I'll give it some thought. Thanks...

Back