How much HP you think ?

Stra Dog

Registered
I recently finished my exhaust. I put 2.5" true dual exhaust pipes with single X-pipe and Magnaflow SS mufflers; also removed the cats. I really did'nt get a estimate of how much Hp this would produce but i think maybe around 20.. ( if that ) What you think. All replys are appreciated.
(( Maybe Headers Next }> ))
Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
STRA DOG

RE: How much HP you think ?

About .0000000001 if your lucky. Just kidding. Jon I was driving around and I happened to find a dyno place. Its pretty cool. So now its, How much do you think a dyno shop will charge, or just wait til the track its only 6 days away.

The rest of the exhaust may be worth 1-2 hp, i'd say getting rid of the cats was worth maybe about 10-12 hp. Figure maybe 15 total, if you're lucky. The only way to tell is a dyno!

I don't know how much of this increase is due to the exhaust (remove 3rd cat, 2.5" dual) and how much the gears (went to 4.10) but I went from 227 hp and 230 tq to 247 hp and 249 tq. in my 94, 130k miles. Yes I have other mods but they were not added between dyno runs.

David

94 Mark VIII, Black / Black

Sometimes your car won't take full advantage of a mod until you change something else, so the other mods may account for your increase, but the exhaust opened the full system up. Make sense?

I nkow exactly what you mean. That's why it is good to have an upgrade strategy and not just make single "random" mods ;) However with the installation of the exhasut my plan is at an end and I need a new one. No wait I have one more step... a cold air box! Then I will be _done_ modifying my car.

94 Mark VIII, Black / Black

Was watching Horsepower TV this Sat. on TNN....

They were modifying an LT1 Impala SS....

they changed out the stock exaust for a Flowmaster catback then dyno'd it....it went from stock 210 RWHP to 220 RWHP.

then they changed out the throttle body, and added an intake which brough them up to 228 RWHP.

So I figure, on a restrictive exaust system....putting a highflow system on could add MAYBE 10hp or less. No more though.

a full exhaust on a mark will usally make about 20 hp to the wheels. if you put headers even more power.

a full exhaust on a mark will usally make about 20 hp to the wheels. if you put headers even more power.

the whole time dan was writing this he was thinking:

!!JUST SPRAY IT!!
think of how amny ponies that will add!

say it: NAAAAAWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSS

well you figured me out correctly but hey if it was not true i would not say it most of the time.i am going to make a shirt up that list the resones to spray your car.

I'll buy one for sure. Shirt that is. My 98k engine might not like n2o too much.

my 121000 mile engine loves it. These engines are put togeather a lot better than people think they are. 90% of the time mistakes destroy and engine, not the power.

100000 is just broken in. Spray the piss out of it. If you f up and pop it i'll help you rebuild it. Can't be that hard.

Back