What Wheels are on my Mark VIII?

VegasMarkVIII

Registered
I just purchased my Mark VIII on July 14th. After searching and searching to see what kind of wheels are on my Mark I just do not have any idea. Does anyone know what wheel design this is?

98MarkWheel.jpg

Not sure. Not something I would put on my Mark. And you rear end is up way high, unless you have it on a jack or something...

What size are the tires? They look small?

Maybe thats it, how about the rim also. I thought it looked high, but looking at the caliper makes it look like it almost covered by the rim, so now it makes me think they would not even fit the fronts.

Well, I at least saw that they are MHT wheels after unlocking the center cap.
These days, MHT doesn't even produce 16 inch wheels. Was MHT making wheels for Lincoln in the mid-1990's, or, are these strictly after market wheels?

Also, I have another pic showing the car with the wheels. The car looked jacked up in the back since the photos were taken on the slope of my driveway.

98Mark007.jpg

Only Ford produced rims for the Mark. Depending on the year there were more options and styles, but all Ford.

The car height is off for some reason though, its too high. Seeing a bigger pic they dont look as bad, but still not something I would put on my Mark. In fact, these went on just yesterday. I have a thread elsewhere going into detail on these.

web.jpg

Unity, those wheels are teh secks!!! Where'd you get them and what are they? Do they fit the mark VIII or do you have a cobra conversion? Vegas, The full car pic doesn't look bad, but i don't recognize those wheels at all. :D

Unity, what's the aspect ratio on those tires and how does it ride? It definitely makes the Mark look "hot".

I think the baby blue hue of the car makes it look HOT! That and the baby blue curb he parked next to! :D

Haha....it does look pretty sick though! Is that a BLACK hood? Going for the carbon fiber look?

Only Ford produced rims for the Mark. Depending on the year there were more options and styles, but all Ford.

Unity, it certainly does appear that MHT made rims for the Mark VIII also. It doesn't look like MHT made these as a factory option for Ford.

unity your mark looks good although I see a harsher ride and bent rims in your future!!! VegasmarkVIII I like the looks of your rims sort of a modern snowflake design. and they won't be like everyone elses cobra type replacements either!!!!!

Unity, those wheels are teh secks!!! Where'd you get them and what are they? Do they fit the mark VIII or do you have a cobra conversion?

Sit down, only $90 each from wheelsandspinners.com They are Verde, seem like a decent brand. I believe you get what you pay for. They retail for much more normally, but I did a lot of looking around on the Verde name before buying. No on seemed to have any complaints on the brand. They fit right on.

The hubs, brakes, etc are all stock. No need to roll fender, but I do on one side since the car seems to have had some bad body work done in the past. Once side clears, the other not by much. Fender needs a little tug out.

unity your mark looks good although I see a harsher ride and bent rims in your future!!!

The ride is as smooth as glass. Something I did not expect and may not get without the air ride in place. The Yokohama S.drive tires probably help with that too and I think in part the increase in ride height. When normally driving its a little higher than I had it with stock wheels. The ONLY thing I notice is the "kicker ball" sounds when I hot a hard bump.

I hit a pot-hole this weekend. I was making a full u-turn and it was black, not because it was full of fresh black-top like I though, but was a huge freaken hole. Any wheel in a full turn would have been damaged, I hit a bump a couple month ago with stock rims and blew a tire hitting it straight on. This time the wheel was in full tilt and more vulnerable to the edge.

Unity, what's the aspect ratio on those tires and how does it ride? It definitely makes the Mark look "hot".

225/35/20

I think the baby blue hue of the car makes it look HOT! That and the baby blue curb he parked next to! :D

Haha....it does look pretty sick though! Is that a BLACK hood? Going for the carbon fiber look?

Ya, crappy cell phone pics :p Not sure if you recall, but long ago I suffered high-speed hood separation. Black was all I could get in a hurry. A few guys say the black rims and black hood look great together, this was from other Mark VIII owners. Want a silver paint-job, but now I am on the fence about doing a simple two-tone.

Well....in my search for MHT wheels I found this.

LMAO!

Oh, J, you didn't do much research did you? Although I would have purchased larger chrome wheels for the Mark VIII, MHT only makes very serious wheels. MHT also markets their wheels under DUB, Jesse James, Foose, and other names, as well as . They certainly don't make 16" wheels like are on my Mark anymore, but all of their stuff is very high quality, with many of their wheels going for over $1,000 each. Check out: http://mhtwheels.com

Back