A Very Small Michigan Meet

billcu

Head Moderator
Staff member
A famous person once said, more than one Mark makes a meet. Or something like that (I think Oldschool said it).

I stopped by Jeremi and Margaret's house Friday after work. Steve (Serge) stopped by too.

We had a great time, I didn't leave until around midnight.

It's looking like Jeremi won't have a Michigan meet this year. I'd be glad to have one at my place, if anyone's interested, but there's no where near the parking space that Jeremi has. We'd have to park on my small dead end street. We could go to the Lake Erie Metropark for photos though.

Here's a coulple of photos. Sorry they are dark, but I didn't get my camera out until nightime.

groupj.jpg

stevecar.jpg

mycar.jpg

Always nice to see friends get together. :)

It's looking like Jeremi won't have a Michigan meet this year.

:(

Bill, if you post it they will come!

I'm 'booked' the weekend of the 23rd/24th of August and tentatively the weekend of the 27th/28th in September. But I can try for any other weekend. ;)

A meet is a meet no matter what the turnout! I don't know our plans for the rest of the year. I want to go to Put-in-Bay, but I don't know if we'll have the funds available. (I'm still off work).

A Put in Bay meet would be great, but I have not heard from anyone that lives near there, about setting one up.

Great time !!:rolleyes-green:
Wow was that an official mini meet >>

Look at Jeremi he is sitting and still moving fast:eek::eek:

Bill... Like how your car changes color !!

Hahaha, that's too funny. It's my wife's Lextasy though, and she says it's fast enough ;) I don't know about that but it's faster than Bills car for sure :eek: :cool:

The way things are going, I don't think there is enough room in my heart for a pullied #3. Never say never though ... :eek:

It was a typical "stop by on your way from work" kind of deal.
Beer full of vitamines, free shower and a car wash were provided.

Bill, right back at ya ....

No Michigan meet :frown-blue:

I was afraid there wouldn't be one, with nothing mentioned on the board. I would have the 15th (and 22nd?) weekend open. The last weekend in August is the best one scheduled right now; will be going to the Fall Auction at Auburn, IN . . . 5,000 cars again this year!

Let's see, so far...

One person would like a Put in Bay meet
One person likes the short drive to Michigan
One person is booked Sat Aug 23
One person is booked Sat Aug 30 at Auburn
I'm booked Sat Aug 16

Here's an Idea:

Let's have a meet at Auburn, and plan a meet in Put in Bay and Michigan in September.:)

At this point in Summer, I think it would be hard to get everyone together on the same day. This way, we would have 3 choices and 3 meets.:D

I really think August is pretty much out of the question for us, but you name a meet and a date and I'll do my best to make it. :)

If anyone decides to come to the Auburn auction, just let us know - we'll be glad to show you around! We always rent a golf cart for the day; with 5,000 cars + 100 acres of swap meet, it's the only way to cover the whole thing in one day. We can get a 4-seater instead of the usual 2-seater! We usually go on Friday (29th), because it's not as busy . . . will go Saturday if Friday is rained out.

Or, if I decide to sell my Mustang there, we may be there all weekend, in the Car Corral!

Looks like we've narrowed it down some...

SEP 6-7
SEP 13-14

I could possibly make it September 20-21 but I would need to know soon.

Back