if money grew on trees....

jamies98lsc

Registered
i'd be picking money off it right now and signing papers. i finally got to see it in person, 4 to be exact, but 3 are the 6 banger versions, the real one is in front of the show room doors. the 09 srt8 challenger. this is a mile from my house, i was passing tarpon dodge and had to stop and take a few pics. i'm a heavy old mopar fan, i love the cuda's and gtx's, roadrunner, challengers and so on so to me, this is one of the coolest cars that could have come out for this year i think. god i would own one of these in a heartbeat, i think its sick.
dodgechallenger015.jpg

dodgechallenger001.jpg

dodgechallenger002.jpg

dodgechallenger004.jpg

dodgechallenger005.jpg

dodgechallenger008.jpg

dodgechallenger010.jpg

Beautiful!

I'm glad to see American companies making cars with American styling again. Even if it is bringing back some of the old classic styles.

They need to stop trying to copy the imports and get back to leading with styling like that.

yes even though the blue, gray and white ones are all challengers, they just arent as sick as the SRT. anyone who knows mopars can really appreciate that car, it is so close looking to the originals i love it. i mean come on.....
Dodge%20Challenger%20lg.jpg

Concept_Dodge_Challenger_frontangle_mfr_430.jpg

2008-dodge-challenger-srt8-1970-1280x960.jpg

Last edited:
I just hope they are more than just a pretty package. Chrysler is known for cool looking bodies, but the interiors and engine packages leave something to be desired.

My uncle bought a Charger, the exterior looks cool but I was really disappointed with the interior. He had the 6 banger version so the performance wasn't impressive.

I love the look of the new Charger and Challenger. I am also looking forward to the new Camaro. Finally, styling people want!

i dont know what the SRT goes for there was no sticker on it, but the 6 bangers, loaded up with everything but the V-8 were only going for 24g's that doesnt sound too bad considering whats happening around us lately!

I'm a huge fan of the classic mopars also but to me they insulted the charger by putting 4 doors on it, we won't even talk about 6 cyl. chargers and challengers:(. 6 cylinders belong in mini vans and such as far as mopars are concerned. Remember the old saying: "Mopar or no car"

yeah i dont like the chargers at all, even though some look good, i also agree calling it a charger is almost a cruel joke.

Jamie, I stopped and looked at those too. The new Challenger is sweet. I stopped buying new cars a long time ago but in a few years when that thing depreciates in value............I'm there!. Believe it or not I am huge Mopar fan myself. I owned a '72 Challenger 340 (god I wish I kept that one), '63 Polara w/383, '66 Newport convertible w/383, '68 Dart GTS convertible and a '71 Charger w/440.

my father in law had tons of them, i have pics of quite a few of them, his baddest ones were a 70 plum crazy road runner with a 440/6 pack, a 68 gtx 440, thats where his email name comes from, a 69 gtx 383, a 67 belvedere gtx 383, and the baddest one which he has a hard time talking about getting rid of is a 69 coronet RT convertable hemi matching numbers car! i'll have to scan the photos and post them the purple road runner was the last one he had and did a ground up on it, the car was absolutely flawless.

First one I saw on the road was in February, I think. I've been seeing them all over the place this summer.

I've seen a couple of ZR1s on the road now too. Those are just rediculous. If I had a money tree, that's what i'd be buying.

That green is funky, a bit different, they all look very nice (the blue, so-so) :)

green? there is no green one there is blue, white, orange and dark graphite gray. i think its just the lights above the car and the bushes that are right on the side of it that make the fender look greenish.

Ive seen a srt-8 at the dealership here in Pauls Valley. It ran 43k and change but i think part of that was the special order price. Simply amazing cars though

Old mopar fan myself, even through the late 80's early 90's (k car). They have been falling behind these last few years it is good to see something like the challenger come onto the market. It also good to see a five second accel. time and a six speed trans. Oh thought I would attach the allpar page with the challenger info, be prepared for a good healthy read. :)

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

If the SRT8 version has the same 'stability control' of the 300C - forget about it, it'll be disappointing.

Aric with Injected Engineering - he built my Mark, has these Mopars figured out. He was the first in the world to supercharge and tune the new Challenger. Big power too. 533/487 at the wheels with nothing more than a Vortech and his tune. Wish I could say that... :) These Mopars are for real. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA4EKq4Pj0s

He also was the 4th in the country to get a Hemi Charger into the 10's. Here is a video:

Speedfactory Dodge Charger 10.97 @ 127mph

I had a chance to drive a friends new Orange Challenger SRT with only 150 miles on it a couple of weeks ago. He let me get on it and it was only OK. I expected a bit more out of the car and I am sure it would be more impressive with the stability control shut off.

Challengers are one of my favorite cars, but driving this one made me appreciate my modified Mark even more. My Mark feels lighter, faster and more nimble, even though the chassis is too flexible for me at the moment ( I hope to remedy that soon). The Challenger felt just like a rental Charger I had driven for many weeks. To me the driver is wrapped with too much body and limited glass. I never got used to that closed in, isloated feel and was always eager to hop back in my Mark. Don't get me wrong, I would trade in a second, but only on based value and the look is cool too, even though I like the leaner lines of the original more.

If the SRT8 version has the same 'stability control' of the 300C - forget about it, it'll be disappointing.

Umm what? You can turn it off... or you can pull a fuse to completely disable it. The stability control is an amazing feature that should be standard on any car... and thankfully it will starting 2010 I believe.

Yea Jamie, I was recommending Jesse gets one in the other post...

They are great cars and are pretty similar in form/function to the Mark VIII. With the big V8 coupe, and RWD layout...

They are available with a 6 speed manual in the 09 Model year... which improves the abysmal 13/18 MPG figures...

Dealers Mark them up like crazy... they are still "hot items" 43k + mark up on the SRT8s out here...
The R/Ts are a pretty sweet deal also... the re-vamped 5.7 now has 370hp and they start at 30k

Only problem with all these cars is only 1 thing... they should be about 10-15% smaller all around.
4000+lbs is no joke.

Back