Project Ugly Horse: Part IV

RSS Robot

Registered
Filed under: Aftermarket, Motorsports, Budget, Performance, Etc., Hatchback, Ford, Humor

Bits and Pieces

The asphyxiation-blue plastic of my dash looked like it would snap under a crass tone.

The line between cleverness and idiocy is a blurry one. After reading a number of write-ups on the best way to swap pedal boxes in a Fox Body Ford Mustang, I decided to eschew common wisdom and blaze a new trail of my own. Traditionally, putting three pedals where once there were two involves pulling the entirety of the ancient plastic dash from the vehicle in order to gain access to a few carefully hidden nuts and bolts. Undo some linkages, pull said hardware, reverse the process and voilà! You suddenly have a portion of the controls necessary to row your own gears.

It was pulling the dash on Project Ugly Horse that had me sweating. The asphyxiation-blue plastic of my dash looked like it would snap under a crass tone, so rather than go all hog wild with the ratchet, I took a closer look at the construction of both pedal boxes. From what I could spy with my little eyes, the swap could be accomplished with a little ingenuity, some sweat and a few well-placed curses. I busted out the grinder, set the welder to warm and got busy.Continue reading Project Ugly Horse: Part IV

Project Ugly Horse: Part IV originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Back