Wheel balancing

TDNFGF

Registered
1998 Mark8 LSC needs wheel balancing.
Does anybody know any shop in New Jersey where people(mechanics) do know how to balance Mark's wheels using right equipment?

Thanks.
Gene:eek:

RE: Wheel balancing

I agree. The only way to go. The Goodyear store down the street from me sells the GSP9700 service - life of the tire balance. I have them balance/rotate the tires while they change the oil. (sooner if I am going on a road trip.) It is a expensive one time charge of over $100.00 for the load balance, but worth it if you do not want the shakes. Of course, you also need a Metal Matrix Drive Shaft to be shake free at high speeds with a gen2.

RE: Wheel balancing>>

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Of course, you also need a Metal Matrix Drive Shaft to be shake free at high speeds with a gen2.
[/div]

Interesting . . . 97 LSC w/ stock driveshaft and NO evidence of any kind of vibration at any speed.

David
Colorado ~ Cruise On
Praise the Lowered

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong] Of course, you also need a Metal Matrix Drive Shaft to be shake free at high speeds with a gen2. [/div]Interesting . . . 97 LSC w/ stock driveshaft and NO evidence of any kind of vibration at any speed.DavidColorado ~ Cruise OnPraise the Lowered
[/div]

You should try driving one with an MMC driveshaft then decide. Sometimes you get so used to the vibration, it seems as if it was part of the ride. Or you could be a very, very lucky man.

The true test for me is to take it up to 70-80 mph, and look at your rear view mirror. If it is clear, with no distortion, you have the best ride the Mark can give. And I agree with Moe - you are a lucky man if what you say is true. :)

have a 98 LSC, rock steady, no vibes there is a pic somewhere on this site of mine with the speedo set at 109 on the interstate in SC on a trip last October... no mirror vibe.. just smooth as can be.

Rex
98 White Pearlescent LSC / 2004 Mysti Cobra Vert
http://www.mark8.org/users/pvteye/98LSC032a.jpg

RE: Wheel balancing>>driveline vibrations>>>

the first Mark I drove had no detectable vibration.

That is until one touched the rear view mirror as speed - a change could be noted.

The Mark I bought has no vibration detectable up to about 100. I am hoping it will be good to 150. (It may not pull that now . . . .) I have heard others say they cannot detect any vibration so I'm "hoping" that some cars will be ok, mine included.

David
Colorado ~ Cruise On

Well David and Rex, you are two lucky guys! I had the vibes, and drone, and it drove me nuts since I drive on the interstate all the time.

If I remember correctly, the reason the Mark has the speed limiter in the first place, is due to the ds balance being the weak link. IMHO, going beyond the limiter speed with the stock ds is like having tires on it that are speed rated for 100 mph. Not a real safe idea.

Back