El Presidente
Staff member
Lincolns of Distinction 2009 Calendar
January Car of the Month

mini-01JAN_MSchultz.jpg

1998 Mark VIII LSC

Mike Schultz / mlschultz

Congrats Mike! :big-grin:

I'm gonna make this easy on myself....every car in the calendar is a beauty!!! Just some are a little more beautiful than others......

....every car in the calendar is a beauty!!! Just some are a little more beautiful than others......

Little?!

That car is downright gorgeous. If you haven't seen it in person, you really don't get to appreciate it's full impact from a single picture. It is a near perfect trifecta of stealth, beauty and power. ;)

Looks great as always Mike!

I agree, these cars look much better in person.

I just counted, and I've seen 9 of these calendar cars in person.

Three are mine though.:D

Thanks, Everyone! :) The Mark project is entering it's fifth year now. A lot has happened to the car since then, and I am pleased with the results, and the recognition it has received in the magazine articles.

The three years of major modifications are now behind me, and I plan to put some miles on it, and take it to the track and car shows this year.

I still have a todo list, but mostly they are little details and such that will either help me at the track, or at the car show. :)

Great to see you in the calendar!

Are you coming to Carlisle this year?

I hope that's a yes! :D

You have plenty of time to make plans Mike! Trust us, it's a fantastic long weekend to enjoy! :)

No promises, but I will look into it, and see if I can clear some time off the calendar. It is really tough to get time off during quarter close months like June. :)

Gotta agree what the others have said. Beautiful car and an inspiration to all the Mark owners. Great way to start the year. :D

Only thing I'd do different...It would be RED! :love-it:

CONGRATS MIKE !!!
It IS sweeter in person, inside and under the hood as well ! Sounds as good as it looks, and for a brief blast departing the scene, performance to back up the look !!!

Thanks, Tim :) I have to agree that the red is a purdy color.

Thanks, Tony :) It was a pleasure meeting you last Wednesday, and hope you can make it out this way again to one of our gatherings. This spring I plan to be making my way out to Commerce to run the car down the track, and maybe you can join in on the fun.

lol Leaving Fat Matts, I had the traction control switched on, so there was not too much drama. You should see it when it is turned off :eek: lol When Chad and I got on the interstate, he saw The Mark get up to a buck twenty in a hurry - then he did a ricer fly-by me when he caught up to me down the road. :cool:

Back