Few Videos from US41 dragway

Nice video's of the Marks' in action! I went to a local dragstrip for the first time in my life last weekend with my '98. Here are a couple of pics you might enjoy. The Mustang pictured had gears and bolt ons but needed the dreaded driver mod.

DFWStangsFallCruise2008377.jpg

DFWStangsFallCruise2008379.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. He got off to a bad start and couldn't catch up. He was never closer than that pic. That car should have beaten me but the driver never got his stuff together. I ran a best of 9.989 @ 71 mph at the 1/8 mile track. I know that is slow but for a 4,000 pound car that gets good gas mileage I think it did alright.

According to him No he is not spraying but I wasn't in his car when he run 13.6 so I can't say anything because I don't know. He was going to use my drag radials and spray it but there was Big crash and they shut down the track for over an hour and he only run 3 times and newer had the chance to use my tires.

I ran 13.8 all day nitrous with no tune, so id say 13.6 is a good spray number, lol. I am turning my mark in to burbanks competition ! im gonna run 10's ! hahah lol im just playin but i do plan on racing it that fast like his AND drive it

I ran 13.8 all day nitrous with no tune, so id say 13.6 is a good spray number, lol. I am turning my mark in to burbanks competition ! im gonna run 10's ! hahah lol im just playin but i do plan on racing it that fast like his AND drive it

That sounds like some fun!

Sweet

Sweet

Burbank, that car just keeps getting faster and faster. Thanks for the vids! :cool: That guy with the 79 TA needs help. I was pulin 12's with mine and he jammed a 14. Its thats all stock thats cool, but those cars are too cool to go slow. Of course, 13 back then was fast for a streeter I would imagine.

Last edited:
I don't know what was done to the TA but it had a nasty cam but I don't even know what engine was in it as he newer open the hood.
Last time at the track my car was breaking up in first gear and again in third gear on every run and it was like hitting rev limiter so after first run I changed my rev limiter from 7000 to 7600 but it didn't help and the car was still breaking up over 6000 rpm so yesterday I finally had time to look at it and I pulled the spark plugs and found one broken spark plug on # 2 cyl. I think when I gapped the plugs few days before the track I broke one plag as they are iridium and are easy to break and the broken spark plug gap was over .060 gap vs other plugs .030 gap so I think my car was running on 7 cylinders in higher rpm's due to spark plug blowout.

Back