No air from any vents

calisonic

Registered
Hi there,
I purchased a '98 mark today and I am very pleased with it so far, but something has me stumped.

I test drove the car last night and the blower was working fine, i even ran it through every vent selection to see if they worked, but this morning, I get in the thing after getting the tittle and I can't seem to get any air to come out of any vent. maybe its just me not being able to figure it out, as this vehicle has a ton more buttons than my previous one. so could someone walk me through the procedure for turning the air on please? i am not a stranger to mechanics but this is got me stumped unless something broke between last night and this morning.

thanks

Welcome, congrats on the purchase! Sorry about the blower motor. I had a problem with the connection being loose. Best of luck with it.

will air come out on defrost? will it blow out near the bottom of the windshield or nothing comes out at all? look under the glove box and wiggle the black and orange harness on the blower motor, see if it comes on, these plugs tend to melt and cause a poor connection.

BTW I think FEMA is hiring j/k

i must be a complete idiot what is that supposed to mean now?

It was meant to be facetious; it means you were slow in your reply, like when FEMA responded to hurricane Katrina, so you can go work for them. The OP's problem had already been solved by the time you got to the post.

jeez - tough crowd in here tonight.
leaving.gif

well sorry i didnt know driller's post had the link till after you said something, i was trying to help the guy but maybe i wont bother anymore.

It means Steve is mean, since he can't use his standard "use the search function" comment.

actually i did use the search function but i couldn't locate it. however the motor was mounted with the connector on the bottom and the face of the motor facing up, not sideways like the one in the pic, but it still works.

Back