Carlisle 2009

Rene

Lincoln Lady
Is it too early to start talking about Carlisle 2009? You know me, I like to plan early!

No, it's never too early to start planning for Carlsile. :)

I haven't registered yet but I know the pre-registration is open.

I also received an email a while back where one of the coordinators (Toni) has moved on to greener pastures.

I feel we had a good thing going last year with the goody bags for those who pre-registered along with the special drawings. I hope we can do it again this year - maybe shake it up a little differently. Any suggestions along these lines? It would be great to hear some feedback based on last year.

I was actually tempted to make this topic myself a few weeks back, but for some reason decided against it. As soon as I get my paycheck in the bank, I'll go ahead and preregister and hope that I don't have a repeat of last year this time around. Well, and hope that I've finally finished working on my '97 by then. Ever since that ball joint back in October of '07, I've gotten far too picky about everything. (steering rack is coming out hopefully early next week and being replaceD)

With a little bit of luck, maybe Sharon and I can finally celebrate our birthdays together and I can finally get around to meeting all (or, well, most) of you wonderful people! But be warned, I'm probably going to have a Chevy fangirl with me. haha

Last edited:
I hope I can go again this year, I had a great time last year! Although there is a possibility if the 97 isn't sold by then it might be in the for sale corral!

I'm working to get us the same location we had last year. Everything seems fine but we do need some more space. To quote the powers that be at Carlisle "...the real key is to have EVERYONE PRE-REGISTER EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Numbers-numbers-numbers.... The showfield is laid out based on the number of folks pre-registered. That is the only true numbers we have to work with. So, BEG those folks to get pre-registered before the cutoff date of June 8th all we all will be happy campers."

While they do look at last year's attendance the pre-registrations are what is the Holy Grail to them. Remember, you save $10 with pre-registration.

I'll be registering this weekend, and staying at the same hotel.

I loved the goody bag from last year, it was cool! Loved the raffles too; the prizes were sure nice!

How about the dinner on Saturday? If you all want to keep it at the same place, I'd like to go ahead and get the reservation done early.

How about the dinner on Saturday? If you all want to keep it at the same place, I'd like to go ahead and get the reservation done early.

Ditto on the goody bags, OUTSTANDING!

Of course the Sunnyside... where else would we go? :smile-purple:

Do you want me to set it up then?

I know the restaurants get pretty full during the weekend, so I want to be sure we get the place/room reserved early.

Those Goody bags were great! The tee shirt even matches one of my cars now!:)

The Sunnyside sounds great to me.

New (to me) eateries scare me.:D

What about the Gingerbread House? They had really good food and were right next to the hotel? I have to say I wasn't all that impressed with Sunnyside, although I did like the restaurant we went to that Leo took us to.

Those Goody bags were great! The tee shirt even matches one of my cars now!:)

Speaking of T-Shirts we could use a few more preorders!

Sorry to jump in here, but we could use more Gen 1's and a few mor Gen 2's and anyone wanting White to speak up!

Now back to your original scheduled post.

Last edited:
We are looking at 4 new people here. Plans are in the works for my uncle, 2 cousins, and I to come. First and second gen. How many showed up last year?

What about the Gingerbread House? They had really good food and were right next to the hotel? I have to say I wasn't all that impressed with Sunnyside, although I did like the restaurant we went to that Leo took us to.

A vote for NO to the Gingerbread house. Very smokey, very noisy, no private rooms. Also, when I was there in July they had reduced their menu for car show weekends.

The one we went to on Fri, Market Cross Pub, is OK but remember we had several people send food back and they balked about making separate checks. Of course, we could go there on Fri again as a group.

I think Sunnyside is by far the very best for groups.

Last edited:
OK, I'll agree with Leo's assessment. Yes, the Market Cross Pub had a great selection of beers, and IIRC the food (mine at least) was really good. However, it was a small room comparatively. I forgot about the separate check thing.

The Sunnyside had room, but the food wasn't good (I ordered lobster, and it was WAY overcooked), but I could get something else next year, lol. They closed really early too it seemed.

I didn't realize Gingerbread didn't have private rooms, so that'd be out.

Back