Lets discuss buying a Mark VIII for a weeknd racer project

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIME OUT EVERYONE! Thread temporarily closed

EDIT:

OK this is how this will work. This forum will not be used for anyone to flame, insult or bicker with anyone else in any manner. The responses by anyone that included purposely bypassing the swear filter will not be accepted. If someone says something that you don't like then you need to be man enough to move on. No one can know how someone else sounded when they typed what they said, inflection is impossible in this medium. Thus arguing on the internet is stupid and will not be allowed here. If you choose to disagree then fine but do not "overreact" and begin to personally insult others, or their signatures or their person as a whole. Please see this thread to re-read the rules of conduct that we adhere to here at LOD. thank you,

thread reopened.

Last edited:
I agree with the guys that say to strap a bottle on and go racing. Just take care of the fuel delivery and get a tune.

Run it till it blows up, and get another Mark... Take the go fast parts off the junk car, and move them into the new junk car - tune and all, then go racing again... :)

Trust me, even bullet proof parts break. IMHO, Not worth it if you are racing on a real tight budget.

wow tempers flare!!!!!!!!!!! kyle, i say do it, but dont do it to your mark, buy a turd, there are tons of good canidates on craigslist around here for under a grand, heck there is even a mechanically sound 94 i think around sarasota for 900 bucks all it needs is paint its horrible looking, its a black one.

Your just a little bitc* , i laugh everytime i see your gay little honda on your signature, and your talkin on a lincoln forum? how pathetic, you should be ashamed

Typical asshol* in a honda i wonder how many times you got your ass beat for running your mouth.

WOW! Go away! I need to add my first person to my ignored list.

Holy crap! I'm gone for 3 days and it hits the fan! I was going to accept your PM'd apology, but man, those posts were personal. *clicks the newly aquired "ignore" button* Lol!

For what its worth...this WAS my car before I had to make the jump to my gay honda.

Put a good drivetrain behind the 4.6 with nitrous and the Mark VIII on a serious diet could compete with most 'street legal' drag cars.

Start with a stock car and a built tranny(the weakest link), add a serious high stall converter(4000+ stall), 3.73 gears and a 'stock friendly' 75 shot with a good tune. Upgrade the valve springs to allow 6500-7000 rpms. Ditch the fuel tank for a fuel cell. Even adding some bracing and you could still easily strip 500+ lbs out of the car. I'd say you should be able to get in the 3000-3500 weight range. That should be good for low 12s, possibly high 11s. A bit more on the edge and you could be asking for a cage. :D

Devin has gone a best of 12.18 @ 109.6 with just a little nitrous, a converter, and 3.73's and a few basic bolt ons without taking anything off the car. Check it out. www.streettostrip.com/Devin I'd say if you could get the weight alone down to 3500 or lower and nothing else, it would be dang close to running 14.0. Throw on a set of ported heads and cams, 3.73's, a stall converter, and it should be deep into the 13's. Throw on a little nitrous or a homemade turbo kit and it'll run 11's. I've gone a best of 14.51 with just 3.73's and a chip from Lonnie on the stock converter. :D

Heads and cams what is this a 302?

I have a neat idea for this, once (if) I get my mill and lathe up and running I will have the ability to make some pretty badass crap on the cheap. All projects are on the back burner for now until my machines get going though.

(I also have a 200A AC/DC TIG)

Well then you can admit at times you are a bit cocky, like just then.. All I can do is apologize , accept it or dont . And im sorry for your gay jump.

Heads and cams what is this a 302?

Huh? You can make killer power with ported heads and cams. ;)

His point was that "heads and cams" aren't a cheap upgrade like on the 5.0's.

Well then you can admit at times you are a bit cocky, like just then.. All I can do is apologize , accept it or dont . And im sorry for your gay jump.

Whatever bro. Keep trying to insult, it will get you no where in the internet world.

i could never meaningly insult a chp officer who has proof he met eric estrada. jesse, i dont care what anyone says about you, i still love ya!!!!

well the internet does give people split personalities.usually makes people bigger and stronger too! i've dealt with many on this internet crap. thats why i come on here and i am who i am, on here and in person, a plain old fashioned A-hole!!!

I sent an apology. And more he says more im gonna drag it out. Kyle thanks, but you know nothing about me,I talked to you for 5 min. if you would have talked to me the way he did in person, you would have found yourself waking up counting your teeth. But like Jamie said people grow balls on the internet and the more he wants to say **** the more I will. He could have just said ok then we would not be talkin about this right now.

Knock it off.

Get back to the subject at hand, deal with personal issues somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back