Video of my personal best 1/4 mile pass.

Thats awesome congradulations !!
so I guess you got the boot LOL....
Maybe someday I ca do some mods if I quit buying these cars...:D:D

THAT is "hauling the mail" sir!

is it an IHRA or an NHRA track?
Just curious as to what safety hoops they want to you jump thru.

jacket.. harness.. prolly.

it sucks when you start getting into "cage territory" because usually once you add the cage in the car you are then slow enough to not need it..and caging a mark 8 aint a fun task.
Reinhart had a good job done on his first gen.

great passes though, IMHO you should back it off, slow it down and enjoy the longetivity, consistancy and take that beast bracket/index racing.

Down here there's a pretty competitive 7.64 index on a pro tree.
Based on the video, it looked like you were tree'ing the CRAP out of everyone as well.

you probably got alot of them with the WTH suprise when you car launched out, when they expected to "leave you at the line".

HAHA... good job, great runs.. "becareful with that axe junior" (joking grin)

that's an average of 11.34 MPH per second acceleration rate..damn.

I'd really like to see what the acceleration rate peak was on that run.

you dont have a datalog from that run to you?

This is NHRA track and they told me I need
6 point rollbar
6 or 5 point safety harness (forgot which one)
fire jacket
steel valve stems on wheels.
This car will not see rollcage soon and I am not planning to go way faster anyways.
I bought wet nitrous kit for it a while ago but I will not install it because i think I can hit my goal with out nitrous.

This is NHRA track and they told me I need
6 point rollbar
6 or 5 point safety harness (forgot which one)
fire jacket
steel valve stems on wheels.
This car will not see rollcage soon and I am not planning to go way faster anyways.
I bought wet nitrous kit for it a while ago but I will not install it because i think I can hit my goal with out nitrous.

Would you see high 9's w/ the nitrous?

Whats your goal?

Very nice Burbank, congradulations on your accomplishments. I don't blame you a bit in hiding the "Blue Wrenches".

Wet shot of nitrous is the last thing my 97 lsc heads ever saw. But I didnt have a tune or any other mods either, so in your case it wont hurt it.

you know it would be awsome to create a mod list with each run that you have done if you have the time to go back and do all that.

My long term goal is to add a SC but still being able to go on long trips going 80+ MPH. I know you have said that you have done about 10K worth of stuff to your Mark but if you were to tell a shop to do that, how much would it be?

After the first run I got warning for going to fast so my # 2 and 3 passes were only 1/8 mile passes thats why it only run 12.6 @ 71 in the 1/4 mile.

I know, I'm laughing cuz most of us are all pushing are cars and getting 13s, 14s, 15s all out. And you let off half track and still hit 12s. Its just funny watching a car run a quick time with a low trap speed.

Burbank is my Icon I want my 97 LSC to do that same thing. Fast, look good, and drivable. I have a very interesting question.

I know that stock for stock, first gen (in general) especially a 93, is the fastest. Do you think you could have squeezed in a few more tenth's by doing those same mods to a first gen mark ? Every tried or thought about it ? Just curious.

First gen is faster because it has better tune, more agressive shifts,and it shifts a little higher too. I think modded gen 2 would run same as gen 1 and maybe little better because you can shift it higher (behieve valve springs). Look at my DD 98 mark VIII it runs 14.3 @ 99.78 mph and it only has 3 mods(tune,U pulleys,K&N cone filter) and the MPH shows it can keep up with gen 1 cars with the same mods. I drove first gen cars and stock they pull harder up to 6k rpms and over that I think gen 2 marks pull harder but in stock car the rev limiter is set to soon.I think tuned gen 2 can keep up with tuned gen 1 but you have to shift the gen 2 in higher rpms as they have different power band.

Ahh. I see. Because I have a 93 now and im turning it in to my fast car. I hope all the mods fit/work the same. Does your motor have stock pistons and bottom end? I wanna do the most I can without pulling the motor, yet. I just put a 98 + model jasper transmission in it so I feel alot better about it already.

Ahh. I see. Because I have a 93 now and im turning it in to my fast car. I hope all the mods fit/work the same. Does your motor have stock pistons and bottom end? I wanna do the most I can without pulling the motor, yet. I just put a 98 + model jasper transmission in it so I feel alot better about it already.

My motor has build bottom end.

Back