Another day in Paradise. :D

J

OCCUPY LoD :)
Ok, started a new thread for you guys.

Met Jeff Conoway the other day....got a flat tire so I gave him a ride home. He autographed a "Kenichi" picture from Greece and says "To Jesse- You're a lifesaver!" :D

If you've seen "Celebrity Rehab" you'd know him from there, Taxi, Greece, and other stuff.
Work240.jpg

Work241.jpg

Got in a "pursuit" the other day...........:D

Just got done helping out at a crash scene and was parked at a gas station talking with one of the new guys. We see this small poople looking dog hauling ass down the road and running across lanes. Then we see this car with old people stop and try to catch it. I was like "Shane, you wanna go help them out?" He's new and was like, "Umm...ya sure." lol!

So we jump in our cars, I lead the way and hit the lights on Full Code 3 (everything!) to clear the intersection. I tell him over the radio I'll go way up in front and jump out and he gets in back. I stopped and the dog B line'd it back the other way past Shane. I flip a U-E and the dog crossed DIRECTLY across a 6 lane intersection in rushour traffic with us following full lights, lol!! We head down this side street to catch up and block it off again (picture this small puppy thing literally running at 10MPH!!), blow threw a stop sign, and head down this residential area. The dog is clearing fences and running across tons of front yards and flower beds and everything. Now I'm determined to rescue this poor poodle thing. So I jump out ahead of it, fling open my door, blocking the entire road, and kinda corner the dog by this car. Shane hops out and he's coming from the other side when the sneaky thing runs under the car and across the road. Luckily he runs into this driveway and into a front yard that is fenced in. He jumps on the front porch and runs into the corner and starts trying to climp the wall, obviously scared crapless. So, I get my gloves on and go try to comfort the poor thing. I had Shane knock on the peoples house to make sure it wasn't theirs and they got some water. After all this, I called animal control, they came, scanned him for a chip (none), and the people at the house ended up adopting him after no one claimed him. :D Anyways....it was funny as heck, and fun too, it was like an actual pursuit on foot, haha.

Work227.jpg

Next up.........another patrol car bites the dust. Luckily no one was in it at the time.
Basically, the officer stopped in the carpool lane to help a stranded motorist, he had his full lights on, and this old guy with a full load of cars slammed into the back of it at 60 MPH.
Work360.jpg

Work361.jpg

Work362.jpg

Work363.jpg

Work365.jpg

Work366.jpg

Work367.jpg

Work368.jpg

Work369.jpg

Work370.jpg

Work372.jpg

Work373.jpg

Work374.jpg

Work375.jpg

Work376.jpg

Work377.jpg

Work378.jpg

Work379.jpg

Work380.jpg

Work381.jpg

This was a Magnum. It rearended at Semi parked on the right shoulder, and then was rearended by two other cars.
Work382.jpg

Work383.jpg

Work384.jpg

Work385.jpg

wow what a shame on the cruiser, it looked to be in good shape. I hope if there was anyone in that parked magnum they are alive :)

I hope they take that old mans license away after that! If you cant see a patrol car with flashing lights directly in front of you, you shouldn't be driving. Talk about a crazy week at work, lol.

Ok, started a new thread for you guys.

Met Jeff Conoway the other day....got a flat tire so I gave him a ride home. He autographed a "Kenichi" picture from Greece and says "To Jesse- You're a lifesaver!" :D

If you've seen "Celebrity Rehab" you'd know him from there, Taxi, Greece, and other stuff.

Got in a "pursuit" the other day...........:D

Just got done helping out at a crash scene and was parked at a gas station talking with one of the new guys. We see this small poople looking dog hauling ass down the road and running across lanes. Then we see this car with old people stop and try to catch it. I was like "Shane, you wanna go help them out?" He's new and was like, "Umm...ya sure." lol!

So we jump in our cars, I lead the way and hit the lights on Full Code 3 (everything!) to clear the intersection. I tell him over the radio I'll go way up in front and jump out and he gets in back. I stopped and the dog B line'd it back the other way past Shane. I flip a U-E and the dog crossed DIRECTLY across a 6 lane intersection in rushour traffic with us following full lights, lol!! We head down this side street to catch up and block it off again (picture this small puppy thing literally running at 10MPH!!), blow threw a stop sign, and head down this residential area. The dog is clearing fences and running across tons of front yards and flower beds and everything. Now I'm determined to rescue this poor poodle thing. So I jump out ahead of it, fling open my door, blocking the entire road, and kinda corner the dog by this car. Shane hops out and he's coming from the other side when the sneaky thing runs under the car and across the road. Luckily he runs into this driveway and into a front yard that is fenced in. He jumps on the front porch and runs into the corner and starts trying to climp the wall, obviously scared crapless. So, I get my gloves on and go try to comfort the poor thing. I had Shane knock on the peoples house to make sure it wasn't theirs and they got some water. After all this, I called animal control, they came, scanned him for a chip (none), and the people at the house ended up adopting him after no one claimed him. :D Anyways....it was funny as heck, and fun too, it was like an actual pursuit on foot, haha.

Work227.jpg
I envy you. I never wanted to be a cop but it actually looks like fun. I watched an episode of "Celebrity Rehab" with Jeff on there. I had no idea how fu**ed up he was. Cool that you met him though!.:wink::fart

No idea who that guy is...

Man that CV did not take that hit well... scary. That was one of the things that came to me during the ride-along... things that could happen when you're stopped on the freeway while some retard or the likes reams you at full speed ahead :(.

Not a single body panel left on that magnum!

And that dog is a ****zu however you spell that

wow what a shame on the cruiser, it looked to be in good shape. I hope if there was anyone in that parked magnum they are alive :)

Actually, the Magnum was going 65+ and luckily only had a driver. It literally sliced the entire passenger side of the car back to the 3rd seat. There was a little cavity where the driver was sitting. It would have been a fatal for sure.

I hope they take that old mans license away after that! If you cant see a patrol car with flashing lights directly in front of you, you shouldn't be driving. Talk about a crazy week at work, lol.

Needless to say, he got a "priority re-exam". This wasn't all in one week though, haha, was busy with turkey day so I couldn't post.

I envy you. I never wanted to be a cop but it actually looks like fun. I watched an episode of "Celebrity Rehab" with Jeff on there. I had no idea how fu**ed up he was. Cool that you met him though!.:wink::fart

Ya man, when I rolled up to his car I seen him all hunched over and I thought instantly, "Hey, that looks like that dude from Celebrity Rehab!" Haha, sure nuff. Jeff, Vicki, Jason (Vicki's brother, also in one of the episodes) and Vicki/Jason's mom were all there. It was raining so I gave them all a ride back home.

Man that CV did not take that hit well... scary.

And that dog is a ****zu however you spell that

You said it, it was definitally an eye opener to pay attention to traffic.

Yeah, thats the one, a shi tzu. Poodle thingy was close though, haha.

I heard of the movie... but i never saw it... i thought it was a musical?!

I'm right there with you........

Wonder why that CV didn't burst into flames!!!!

Seriously, its VERY common for them to but maybe they've figured out how to avoid it?

They burst into flames when the impact is large enough (see over 45mph) to push the gas tank onto the rear axle which had a nut that would puncture the tank!

There was a recall that installed a rubber stop that would prevent this from happening.

Any car has a chance of going up in flames when hit at 60 mph from the back. Crown Vics are one of the safest cars ever made.

Probably the only musical I could ever withstand. I rather watch it a 100 times then ever be made to watch high school musical 3 (saw advertisements on tv) I didn't even know there was a high school musical 1.

Probably the only musical I could ever withstand. I rather watch it a 100 times then ever be made to watch high school musical 3 (saw advertisements on tv) I didn't even know there was a high school musical 1.

Everybody who has young kids knows about High School Musical. It's a painful stage of life...FOR THE PARENTS!

My DD is a 2000 Crown Victoria... on the Crown Vic forums the rear end impact fire is a common topic...

I'm surprised that car didn't have the fire suppression system in it....

I heard of the movie... but i never saw it... i thought it was a musical?!
I am in the same boat. Never saw the movie and i dont care to! I cannot stand musicals. :fart

First time I even heard of High school Musical was on South Park (this season) then i saw the dvd and said "Wow thats actually a movie?" :(

I am not that old but if that was the fad when I was in high school i would have gone insane! I dont know if you guys saw that South Park episode but I had the same reaction Cartman did "Wow, if this is whats popular now, I have lost all connection with the word. Im going home to kill myself now". HAHA :p

Back