Another day in Paradise. :D

I was playing this odd game that used to be online, and occasionally a newbie would try to hit on me. One told me his name was Zack and he was in this high school musical. I was like, wow, that's great honey! Always good to be in your high school plays! Once I found out what it was, I still didn't feel old, cause I can't imagine that's anything I'd ever find interesting.

Jesse...great pics man...
a while back(2 yrs +?) I posted a pic of a cruiser that got rear-ended by a snapple delivery truck that had hand trucks mounted on the front. The officer was in the car when it was struck. The cruiser was about to make a U-turn from the emergency lane at an opening in the center divide when the truck couldnt stop in time to avoid a passenger car, so he swung out to the left...
cruise was stopped, snapple delivery truck was braking hard, but still doing 45+ when it struck the CV.

m0308c010.jpg

Not the actual truck(obviously) but a similar set up.
snapple%20194.jpg

Everybody who has young kids knows about High School Musical. It's a painful stage of life...FOR THE PARENTS!

Lol! So true....movies are getting so much worse.

You're 24...I'm 35...she's 18...maybe.

That makes you an ordinary dude with hormones, and makes me a borderline perv.

LMAO!

"Wow, if this is whats popular now, I have lost all connection with the word. Im going home to kill myself now". HAHA :p

I can totally see it now, lol! I haven't watched SP for awhile, Mythbusters/Timewarp/Modern Marvals have taken over, haha.

Sign me up!;)

+1

Jesse...great pics man...
a while back(2 yrs +?) I posted a pic of a cruiser that got rear-ended by a snapple delivery truck that had hand trucks mounted on the front. The officer was in the car when it was struck.

Thanks. I think I remember when you posted that picture.....crazy amount of damage!

I'm happy to see that the dog was adopted, I would have not wanted to hear he went to animal control and eventually put down. By the way, never chase a dog, they either think it's a game or get very frightened. Keep some biscuits in the car so if it happens again you should gently speak to do the dog and crouch down. Offer the food and the dog may calm down and come to you.

As far as the cruiser and Magnum are concerned... that'll all buff out ;)

Leo, technically, we never got close enough to actually be "chasing" it, we were just trying to keep up! haha

Once it got onto the porch, I approached very slow and low and talked in my softest baby talk. It let me pick it up and was cool from then on, I think he was more freaked with all the cars driving on the street he was running around on.

Jesse,
Brady here from Ford-Trucks.com, i meet you during one of our meets.

I read all your posts about your CHP stuff and love them.

Got some questions for ya....i was watching the show called "Stringers LA" on TV last night where the guys go out to car chases, and accedents or what not, and film them for the news. just wondering if you ever have to deal with them?

and please keep posting your crazy chp activites they are very fun to read, thank you.

Brady, sorry it took so long to reply. I've never seen the show and this is the first time I've heard of it. The CHP doesn't deal with too much publicity like that because we don't like to publisize the inner workings of the Department.

Well, it was a sad Chrismas for a CHP Family. I lost a classmate from the Academy on Dec. 15th and attended his funeral on Dec. 22nd, our official 1 year anniversary from becoming Officers.

Officer Sanders was working on Monday, Dec. 15th, with his graveyard partner, Officer Lopez, another classmate. They responded to a call of a solo vehicle collision blocking the slow lane of Hwy 60 in Sante Fe Springs. It was pouring down rain when they showed up on scene, and Lopez went to check on the party in the vehicle. Sanders popped the trunk and started putting out flares to get traffic to merge. It was about 0430 hours when two cars traveling towards the scene saw the flares and tried to merge to the left. Both cars collided into each other and spun out of control. One of the vehicles hit Sanders and propelled him onto the right shoulder, over a temporary wall. Lopez put out an 1199 at 0430 and at 0432 he put out that Sanders was not breathing. Everyone showed up, they shut down the freeway and he was life flighted out of there. He was pronounced at the hospital, but I'm sure he died on scene.

This was the first CHP funeral I've been to and it was amazing. It was so crazy to see how personal it was and how much "family" really means to the CHP. It wasn't like I thought it would be. All the "brass" was there, the Commisioner, the Head of Secretary, the Governor, etc.... Every high ranking officer, including the Commisioner, was crying as they spoke about Officer Sanders and how strong his wife is. I didn't really think I "needed" to go to the funeral for closure, but being that Sanders was my company mate, I spent 27 weeks with him, and he was our Guidon (company flag bearer) the entire time, I'm glad I went. I cried, and didn't think I would. Seeing the pictures of him playing with his 3 kids, his wife, and knowing he was expecting another child is tough.

Here are some pictures from SacBee and my camera.

http://cbs2.com/local/Highway.Patrol.Officer.2.887803.html
http://www.sacbee.com/photos/gallery/1493543.html

Work410.jpg

Work411.jpg

Work412.jpg

Work413.jpg

Work414.jpg

Work415.jpg

Work417.jpg

Work418.jpg

Work419.jpg

Work420.jpg

Work421.jpg

Work422.jpg

Work423.jpg

Work424.jpg

Work425.jpg

Work409.jpg

Work426.jpg

Work428.jpg

Work427.jpg

Work433.jpg

Work431.jpg

Work429.jpg

Work432.jpg

Work430.jpg

Officer Joe Sanders, you will always be remembered. RIP

Last edited:
Hey J,sorry to hear about your friend,i think i speak for all of us here in that it is always a sad day to loose some one that strives to protect us while putting there own life in danger.I have nothing but the highest respect for you and your fellow officers and you and they will always have my support.

yea, J sorry to hear of your lo9ss, its a sad day when you lose someone you knew so well. I hope to not have many of those days

I never know what to say at these times.

Michael said it all here.
Hey J,sorry to hear about your friend,i think i speak for all of us here in that it is always a sad day to loose some one that strives to protect us while putting there own life in danger.I have nothing but the highest respect for you and your fellow officers and you and they will always have my support.

I never know what to say at these times.

Michael said it all here.

Thanks everyone for your support! Hopefully I won't have to go to another one of those any time soon!

Sorry to hear about this great loss to the CHP family.

And thank you for being out there for all us and making the roads a safer place!

Been awhile so here are some more pictures and video. :D

This guy fell asleep.....and almost didn't wake up! Happened at 4:30 am and all he got was a headache! Lucky guy, for sure.
Work472.jpg

Work474.jpg

Work473.jpg

Work475.jpg

Work476.jpg

Work477.jpg

Work478.jpg

Car overturned blocking the roadway........no biggie. :D

Back