MP3 3.5mm input

doctrdev

Registered
Hi all!

I have a 97 VIII, with the in-dash tape deck and trunk 10-disc. I want to install a 3.5mm input. I tried the simple solution with a cassette tape adapter, but the lincoln's auto-reverse feature won't allow these to work: it keeps trying to play the other side of the tape and then ejects the tape.

Does anyone know of a simple 3.5mm adapter that can plug into the back of the headunit?

Thanks,

Hi all!

I have a 97 VIII, with the in-dash tape deck and trunk 10-disco. I want to install a 3.5mm input. I tried the simple solution with a cassette tape adapter, but the Lincoln's auto-reverse feature won't allow these to work: it keeps trying to play the other side of the tape and then ejects the tape.

Does anyone know of a simple 3.5mm adapter that can plug into the back of the head unit?

Thanks,

We use a cassette tape converter in our cars with no problem. The auto reverse activates when the spool(s) stop turning on the real audio cassette. All conversion cassettes have idling spools. Most types will work in either direction -- you just got to route the cord different.

The only time ours reverses is when the cassette adapter has some miles on it and the spools momentarily jambs. Then it's time for replacement.
BTY -- will your radio head play a real tape? It might be jambed itself (or a belt is broken.)

Last edited:
Most types will work in either direction -- you just got to route the cord different.

+1 here, I used a tape adapter for my CD player and my iPod for awhile. It wouldn't work one way, so I had to flip it over to the other side and run the cord inside the tape port. Worked like a champ and never had any issues.

Thanks for the help! Actually it was an issue with the brand I got from radio shack. I returned that tape adapter and went with a dynex cassette adapter from best buy, works great!

Back