16 below 0, my car and I love it

I am stuck home tomorrow instead of driving out to WV. This sucks big ballz.

Toughen up buttercup. :D

Here in WV we just go to the mountains and buy wheels for the Navigator. :p

It was too cold to wash it but we installed the wheels out in the driveway. ;)

its been way colder here in florida than ever since i moved here in 03, last night dipped into the 20's just less than an hour north of me, we were in the mid 30's last night and this morning. now i am from massachusetts so i have been in many many years of below zero winter temps, but i havent been in it in 6 years, and i am adapting to the heat here in florida each year more and more, so 30's to me is freezing cold now, but i love it, i deal with ungodly long hot summers here so when winter comes it feels so refreshing, and bill i know exactly what you mean by crisp clean air, even 30's in florida has that same feeling, i can close my eyes and feel myself standing outside up north. i love the cold too, i dont like summer here, i stick it out because i have to, but when winter comes here and everyone here cries its too cold, i'm outside soaking it up because winter is way too short here in florida. if i could, i'd go back up to mass and get with my buddies and make a week long snowmobile vacation up in the mountains of vermont, thats what i miss.
i'd love to come up where you are bill and sit out on the ice for a day with ya and ice fish, all i need is cigarettes and a thermos filled with coffee!!!!!!! i miss ice fishing too.

Last edited:
You're welcome to join me for some ice fishing Jamie, I don't get get to go as often as I'd like to though.

I usually go when my brother visits or when I visit him. He's got all the gear including one of those cameras that you drop in the water. You can watch the fish approaching or biting on your hook, on a small TV monitor.:)

You're welcome to join me for some ice fishing Jamie, I don't get get to go as often as I'd like to though.

I usually go when my brother visits or when I visit him. He's got all the gear including one of those cameras that you drop in the water. You can watch the fish approaching or biting on your hook, on a small TV monitor.:)

Maybe you guys can meet up with Mr. Gustofson at his ice shanty.

The cold's not that bad. I'd much prefer summer, but fun to go sliding around in the snow every now and then.

Can't you see Bill bustin' some classic MJ moves around his car out there in the freezing cold... cleaning ice off while doing the moon walk, starting the car then doing the dance from Thriller... :D

I dunno about you man, we got down to -9 and it was all I could do not to end my life while walking the 17 feet to the car... and keep in mind the Caddy has remote start so it had plenty of time to get all warm and ready for me, and I still almost didn't make it to the car it was so cold. After about 10 feet, I thought I might actually freeze to death.

:D -J

It sounds like you need some warmer clothes Joe.:)

I'm not much of a dancer, but I do enjoy this weather. I just got done digging my Marks out of yet another snowfall and snowblowing the driveway and road.

Driving on snow and ice can be a pain and dangerous, but Jake's right, it can be a lot of fun.

This photo shows my favorite way to get to a good ice fishing spot on lake Ovid. I just drive there.:D

Ice.jpg

I know what you mean Bill...it hit 27 the other day... 27!

Bill...4000 lbs...man I'd hate to see you involuntarily re-enter Club 16, and end up with a Garnet red ice sculpture at the bottom of lake COLD.

Leo...you crack me up(hawaiin shirt comment)

This morning in Windsor, it was 37. Today on the way home, it was 67.
cold weather is not my friend...but 30 degree temperature fluctuations are nonsense!

Back