'99 Continental goes to body shop...

Wizzer

Registered
A girl about 4'9" (no kidding) driving a big 'ol SUV backed into my passenger front corner. Broke the headlamp, "rubbed" the bumper and got paint all over it and chipped the corner of the hood.

She freaked out when I got the $1300 estimate. :eek: I told her those lights are all one piece and to get to it is quite the hassle. Body shop said they'll give it a nice wash / wax and buff job after it's all done. :p

Just thought I'd post in here...if it's the wrong forum, go ahead and move it. I picked the car up about 2-3 months ago and was pretty upset when this happened.

Then her insurance company (Sentry) were taking their sweet time getting to it. Got the call yesterday to bring it in - was hit on the 2nd of Feb. So 9 days without a headlight, worrying about getting pulled over after dusk... :mad:

I think I'll get some pics of it now before it goes in, then after. Also gonna see if they'll take a look at my driver's seat...*crosses fingers*..they've done favors for me before since I take all my business there.

I hate dealing with other people's insurance companies. Hope she turns out as good as new.

After reading about HID lights somewhere else in this forum, do I have these? Should I ask for both headlamps to be replaced or am I good with just the one?

I was thinking (maybe I should stop doing that), that if mine has HID low beams and they put the replacement halogen in that wouldn't be good.

She came back nice and perty today...
probefront.gif

Was using an '09 Dodge Grand Caravan...nice vehicle.

Oh, ok. I've got a '99 Conti. Can't wait for summer to get here to get the interior and headliner cleaned.

Back