Vrmc

buchshot1

Registered
Well while I was working on the mark trying to figure out my torq converter lock up issue. i was adding tranny fluid and the car dies and wont restart.

So I check the fuse's and the ecm or #8 is blown. So I put in a new one and blows. So I break out the trusty fluke meter and it Reads 8 ohm to ground.
I find out 3 things are on that circuit. i pulled the vrmc ( multifunction relay module) And the the 8ohms opens up. which leads my to belieave that its bad.

is the a test for this thing or do I have to gamble.

also it is located in front of the radiator above the poersteering cooler just so yall know
thanks,

What year? There are I believe 3 or more different units.

There are pages of troubleshooting steps in the manual - but usually the easiest test is to replace with a known working unit.

Well I found another module, and its still popping fuse's. I pulled the pcm and it while still blow, its got to be something dealing with the module,
any idea's and how do you test one of these things
thanks.

I pinned out both the harness and the module I found the nothing in the module is grounded out. but the harness is a different story.
the one that worry's me is pin 7(vehical power)
I hate chasing grounds

Check the cooling fan and also the fuel pump, make sure they are all working properly as they are controlled by the VCRM. If one of those is bad, it could cause a short through the VCRM.

I only paid 600 bucks for it. And I just found the ground:D:D:D
the only bad part is its in the harness. between c122 and the pcm
now im thinking of running a seperate wire.

If you only paid 600 then then it's like making money with an insurance pay-out... your MK8 was a wise investment... :D

:D -J

Check the cooling fan and also the fuel pump, make sure they are all working properly as they are controlled by the VCRM. If one of those is bad, it could cause a short through the VCRM.

I ran the new wire. it doesn't blow fuses any more. It still wont start:mad:
I put in the on condition and pushed the valve in on the fuel rail and it trickled out. so it might be time for a fuel pump. I checked the ohms at the fuel pump kill switch in the trunk and it was pretty low like about 2ohms. and it has 12 volts getting to that point.

Can you hear the pump running when you turn the key to the "ON" position? It should "prime" for 3 seconds.

Where did you run a new wire from and to?

Can you hear the pump running when you turn the key to the "ON" position? It should "prime" for 3 seconds.

Where did you run a new wire from and to?

I dont here it running, that may be one issue.
I ran it from pin 16 on connector 122 to pins 37 and 57 on the pcm.

Like I said above....the VCRM controls the fuel pump so if the fuel pump shorted out or went bad, it could likely be the cause of your blown fuse and no start issue.

"Hard" wiring something can be dangerous...be careful cause you don't want to fry your ECM.

Like I said above....the VCRM controls the fuel pump so if the fuel pump shorted out or went bad, it could likely be the cause of your blown fuse and no start issue.

"Hard" wiring something can be dangerous...be careful cause you don't want to fry your ECM.

I ran the wire to bypass a short in the wire. i think the pcm is fried all ready.
its throwing 9 codes at me right now. oh well it happens.

Back