Hydro-dipped wood parts

M Darrah

Registered
Some of you may have seen this elsewhere, so sorry for the copy-paste. I'm just lazy.

I just got these pieces back yesterday from a local shop. Damn place took two months to get them done. Their excuse was that they were in the process of moving, which was true, but they told me three weeks due to that, then made numerous other promises they didn't keep. Anyway...

My plan was to just lighten my trim up some, because I thought the original was just too "90's bachelor pad", especially on 98 midnight black. I wanted to stick with burl, as my thing is making cosmetic changes to the car that I think Ford would have done to them. I'm not into CF or any of the other wild stuff.

Unfortunately this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. The biggest problem with these shops is that they steadfastly REFUSE to provide samples. There are so many variations, I suppose it's impossible, but still. The shop I went to of course had a bunch of CF samples and some ungodly trashy looking purple skulls and such nonsense, but the only thing they had for wood was a big keychain with about fifty clear plastic "chips" with the translucent films applied. In other words, they were USELESS! So I had to go by what was on the web site which was also USELESS.

Now that I've got them, I'm not sure I'm pleased with the results. I wanted something much warmer looking.

What do you guys think? Be as brutal as you like... or am I just being too negative?

Luckily these are all spares, so I'm in no rush to install them.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, these might look good in an ivory or tan interior.

hydro1.jpg

hydro2.jpg

hydro3.jpg

Last edited:
Back