Blew my engine, (hydrolocked)

can you prove the miles are correct, people who sell engines can say the motor has anything they want on it, was the motor in a car still or sitting waiting for someone to buy it and be told it had low miles!! never trust what someone says unless you can see it.

can you prove the miles are correct, people who sell engines can say the motor has anything they want on it, was the motor in a car still or sitting waiting for someone to buy it and be told it had low miles!! never trust what someone says unless you can see it.
yea, that I don't know.I called the local junk yard, she sounded like she was reading from a screen. She said its still in the car and it has those miles. I believed her but as long as it runs I don't care

edit: heres a pic

Attachments

• Photo_011409_002.jpg
    Photo_011409_002.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I tend to believe what they say but you never know about those Mark 8 junkyard folks.....huh Jamie? ;)

jesse i wont sell an engine above 100k unless the buyer is fully aware of the miles and accepts it. i have never lied to anyone about motor miles, we always state true miles or at least what the odometers say. i technically cant prove miles either, who knows if the cluster was ever changed. i dont sell many whole motors anyway i have better luck selling bare blocks.

I know Jamie, just trying to get you fired up. :) I believed all the people selling parts at the Auto Dismantlers when they declared the mileage.

so apparently I blew an entire piston apart and then the rod blew through the "water wall"?? If that's what its called, therefore there was antifreeze in the oil. anyway, new engine is done, I drove it home today!!! I am so happy, I missed the car. Wish I had the $600 for the other 2 engines I was gonna buy from guys here but when I finally got the money no one had it anymore, so its so far the best $800 I have spent.

It's no 5.0 or a truck, but it's far from difficult. Got the new one in already ?

You don't count... :D
not everyone has completely disassembled and reassembled a MK 47 times... :p

Some of us can only muster the mechanical ability to drink heavily and watch others... :D

Congrats on the car!

:D -J

Yay! Glad you have her back!

w00t! Congrats dude! :) Only took you 4 months. :eek:

Hey that's still less than it took Mschultz to get his back on the road! LOL :D

You don't count... :D
not everyone has completely disassembled and reassembled a MK 47 times... :p

Some of us can only muster the mechanical ability to drink heavily and watch others... :D

Congrats on the car!

:D -J
thanks everyone, its so nice to be back in it and now I can freeze my ass off with the stupid blend door problem again, lol. Oh and my buddy busted yet another clock spring while putting the block in so now I have to buy another one of those. That'll be the 4th one I think.

anyone have one to seel me real cheap??

guess not, he said he twisted the steering column from the other end to put the engine in

every 97-98 i have been in you can turn the wheel even with the key out, either all of them have been broken or 97-98 steering wheels dont lock like 93-96

This might be a stupid ? but is it ok to take our cars thru the car wash with the under body wash or do you actually have to go thru a deep puddle for this to happen.

it doesn't help to do the air intake mod shown on here either but this puddle was really deep

Back