Check Traction Control\ABS Light

MindyMark

Registered
Hey all,

I got a 97 Continental that will fail the Traction Control\ABS self test around 14 mph. Had the car scanned and it is coming back as a pump failure (wasn't given the exact code). I'm sure a pump, if even available from the dealer would be crazy expensive. So the question is now, does anyone know if the pump from what other years would work on this car?

I don't have a part number for it either yet....

Any help would be great, thanks!

Is there any chance it could be a relay?

I know on a Mark VIII, the air suspension relay and ABS relay are the exact same thing. Maybe your car is different.

The actual code number would be a big help.

I'll see if I can get the code, it may be on the paperwork for the other work I had done.

The air suspension is still working on the Continental so if the relay is the same, its not the issue this time.

Sorry for the confusion. There are 2 different relays, one for the ABS, one for the air ride. They have the same plug and are interchangeable so you can take one you KNOW works and plug it into the one that needs to be tested.

I relay is going to be a LOT less expensive than a new pump!

OH I see what you are saying. :) I'll give that a try soon.

As for the code they wrote "C1095 Hydraulic Pump Circuit Failure". So my guesses are either the pump is fried or it is not getting power from something like a bad connection or relay like wgr2112 suggested. I'll do some more research on it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back