How's this look for possible lower front facia?

Sierra3

Registered
I'm thinking of going with a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix front facia lower grafted to the gen one Mark VIII. As much as i tried i could not make the thunderbird turbo coupes facia or mustang Cobras lower flow with our stock body lines. This one i think is the best to almost look factory and not obnoxious like a ricer add on that doesnt match body.

I appologize ahead of time for photochoping and modding anothers car pic, but it's the perfect straight on angle shot i had on my hard drive to cut and paste with. ;)
I need something to cover the intercooler and make it look factory. The first option i drew out in red has turned into a nightmare forming and making a mold for that would be exactly the same on both sides, reverse of each other. So i am opting now for factory facias cut down to size and shaved to fit, or added as necessarry. I'll gain two driving ligh/foglights too if i go with the cobra mustang one or the Grand Prix.
http://
BeforePontiacIdea.jpg

grandprixgraft.jpg

2001PontiacGrandPrixFaciaGrafted.jpg

I was measuring it again last night.

I was measuring it again last night.

The only problem i see with it ahead of time is our tapered pointy noses looking straight down from above. The Grand Prix is alot flatter across the front centerline. Wrapping it around the Mark's nose would make the fog lights be "toed out" per say if they aren't moved or angled back twords center to point straight ahead.

I think this can be avoided by mounting it a little under and pushed back under the front trailing edge a little.
I'll have to cut to fit and mount it a little underneath the lip of the front nose where the flatness across would be less noticeable and still maintain our smooth shark like noses on the Mark to flow with the body work, and not drop straight down vertically like the ricer add on kits do.

Ewww....good point. Now that you say that, its going to need some type of moulding or modifying to make it look "stock" from the side view.

Whatever happened to the body kits that were out there for MK8s?
There was one kit that actually looked pretty decent...

:D -J

Whatever happened to the body kits that were out there for MK8s?
There was one kit that actually looked pretty decent...

:D -J

I have looked around but it seems no one makes them any more,got to remember our cars are not in as many numbers as some others on the road these days

On the 'other' Mark VIII site do a search of threads for user blue T. I think it was afew years back, he used the lower half of a 97 grand am front bumper.

Still luv it.

Still luv it.

Whats did he use for this body kit?
06.jpg

Still love that body kit. I wish i would of jumped on it along time ago when i first saw them. There were two different 4 piece kits available back then. Back when the rear wings were flying around on one website for LOD before it split. Never thought id need something like this back then. That one from Ponyfreaks car is about perfect but i think i would need the mouth wider horizontaly. Still browsing around at pics and junkyards to see what is available and what can be modded to work with factory lines. That one above would be perfect with rounded or oval foglight holes like the Mustang Cobra has. haha I still have this pic saved on old hardrive cause it looked so sweet.

Body kit okay....but LOSE the fog lights! OMG someone needs to smack this guy (or girl, lol)!

a member on another forum with the username Blue T did his own front Fascia on his gen 2.
he used Pontiac GP parts.

quite a nice look.

ec7f86f2.jpg

2ce39c39.jpg

59f643b4.jpg

He also made his own cowl hood, and rear spoiler. Yea...you guessed it, he is a body man.
I loved his 97 LSC.

HPIM0308-1.jpg

HPIM0295.jpg

HPIM0298-1.jpg

He's got many more pics on photobucket.

username is blue_t

p.s. J, that's Ponyfreak's old car....he helped pioneer many of today's go-fast set ups on these cars...except he did it 8+ years ago.

I dont know what ever happened to him...but he had a few pretty stout Mark VIII's...and a TT Hennessey Viper TT making over 1014 RWHP...but that was years ago.

Last edited:
Back