MMC Driveshaft

Gen 1s are still faster

155mph.jpg

Getting a mite warm, a?

If one uses 5500 rpm (near peak HP) and calculates the top speed (in OD) for a Mark VIII with different gears...

3.08/198mph
3.27/187mph
3.55/172mph
3.73/164mph
4.10/149mph
4.30/142mph
4.56/134mph

;)

If one uses 5500 rpm (near peak HP) and calculates the top speed (in OD) for a Mark VIII with different gears...

3.08/198mph
3.27/187mph
3.55/172mph
3.73/164mph
4.10/149mph
4.30/142mph
4.56/134mph

;)

So 550 +/- more rpms would have resulted in nearly 50 mph more?

I don't remember if I turned the OD off though. (Probably not)

Last edited:
Your speedometer and/or tachometer is off? At 5000 rpm you should be @ 104 mph in 3rd or 149 mph in 4th.

What's your tire size?

I'm pretty sure the speedo is correct (at least around 45-60mph). I'm not sure how to test the tach.

Tires are stock size.

Last edited:
Sorry it took me so long to post. LOD wouldn't (and still will not) load for me. Our illustrious head moderator had to send me a link to get around it. Thanks again Sharon!

Well, I should be passing my NJ bartenders license test tonight.(Yes, here in the lovely state of NJ, even Bartenders have to be licensed!!!) So, the money will be a - rollin' in!!! Seriously though, I do plan to do this upgrade relatively soon. I am gonna buy the driveshaft first as it seems the most prudent course of action (especially after the vibration I'm already having; see my brakes and rotors thread for all the juicy details). As soon as I get all of the required parts in order I will contact you DLF, hopefully by then your offer will still be on the table. Like I said earlier, I enjoy the work (greasy make my car faster/better/prettier work) so I definately want in on that most gracious offer.

He does have a gen 2 ;)

HAHA!

I only hit the rev limiter once,,,, but I sure didn't take my hands off the wheel to take a pic!

Thats why you bring your wife along! I bet one of your grand kids would be floored if you said, "Hey, lets go for a ride in the Mark, I'm going to have you take a picture while we got 127 MPH!" lol!

If your curious SS, here is my write up of a drive shaft swap. :)

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15292&highlight=service

Your speedometer and/or tachometer is off? At 5000 rpm you should be @ 104 mph in 3rd or 149 mph in 4th.

I think its right too... I hit 120mph at 5k RPMs in 3rd gear.

Since the threads somewhat off topic and compairing gen 1 and 2's... Which one's more aerodynamic?

I wonder what your before and after times will be after the gear change and tune :confused: Good luck :D

Thanks. I'll keep everyone posted. I have two job interviews over as many days coming up, (one at PSE&G!!!) so if I get either one this mod will be happening soon.

Back