To Bix

Trixie

Staff member
I'm sorry I can't find any good pictures of Bix. Many of you met her, and those who saw her late last year know she was getting really old and not doing well. It was time to put her down tonight. I'll miss a great friend and protector.

This is Bix on the bed with our cats Bilbo (aka The Baby), Mika and Spawn.

Attachments

• mini-Petsonbed.JPG
    mini-Petsonbed.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 0
My dog is spoiled, but I don't let him on the bed!
I know Bix had a very happy life with you.

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you all. Barry, the dogs are not "allowed" on the bed. Bix was a bit of a princess, liked having a pillow at her head, and when she thought I wasn't around and while I was working she'd make herself comfortable on the bed and jump off when she'd see me. The Kid took this picture to prove it to me.

while I was working she'd make herself comfortable on the bed and jump off when she'd see me.

LOL, They are smart. I know my dog has done the same thing!!

PIC00059.jpg

Sorry to hear this, Sharon.

You know she enjoyed her life with you, and a loving home is the best gift a pet can receive ;)

Awww man Sharon, I'm sorry! :( I dread the day I have to go through that with Dukey. :( :(

Thanks. I think it's easier knowing she just had nothing left in her and it was her time and we've been expecting it. But it still sucks. Candy, the other dog, surprisingly seems very upset, she slept by the front door the first night.

So can we share fun stories about our dogs? That cheers me up.

I'd like to share a few things about Bix.

OK, well, she was neurotic, and she was a mama's girl. But, being a border collie, she had more energy than you can imagine when we first got her when she was about 9 months old. It just worked out that she had been adopted by someone I work with whose boyfriend was allergic to her. We had just moved into our house and another co-worker knew I wanted to eventually get a dog. So it all worked out.

Bix had a thing for noses. She'd eat the nose off every stuffed toy she got. And she liked to jump and lick at people's noses. I don't know what all that was about.

We eventually got Candy because Bix had so much energy she was starting to bring toys to one of the cats, as she wanted to play (plus she was destroying the house on a daily basis while we weren't home). Once we had Candy for her to play with, they'd run around outside and there was much less trouble inside. :)

When we'd take them out together people would always ask us if they were sisters. I can't find that great pic of them trying to eat Mark Darrah's food at the Silly Hat party, but the two of them would totally vie for his attention (and food).

So then when Bix was young, we took her to obedience class. She was really, really smart, but just wanted to play, and she was a total distraction to the other dogs. But come the day of testing, she did perfect!

Then there was the time she jumped our fence (we think there was something propped near the fence -- it's 6' high or so), and she ran out to the park near us and while the little leaguers were playing baseball, she ran all over the field thinking it was a game for her.

I really appreciate everyone's support and understanding. Thanks again. And share a story, cause the time we have with our pets is so special, it may hurt at the end, but it was worth it to have that friend around for as long as I had her.

Sharon, I am sorry to learn of your loss. I am sure you are going to miss him. We just lost our granddog Jake (my son's dog). He was a Lab Collie mix and lived with the family for 17 years, the place seems strange wihout him.

Oh man, where do I start? I have a TON of stories for you about Duke, haha, but I even have video to watch! Hope it doesn't make you miss her more. :(

We have this inflateable style pool (the one with the air ring on the top that floats on the water as you fill it up) and during the summer time Duke would love to jump into that thing. He got so used to it that when I'd play ball with him he would get hot and, after about 6 or 8 times of running back to me, he would just b-line it straight for the pool. He would run up the 4' high wall and catapult off the top of the ring and fly straight to the middle. He would stand on the bottom with his back legs and dog paddle around splashing water into his face, just so he could bite it! LOL, labs love the water but Duke makes a game out of everything.

This is when he had both eyes though. :(

Duke also loves things that move or are round like wheels. Anytime I take out the trash he bites the wheels on the garbage can, anytime I ride a bike he bites the wheels on the bike (yes AS I'm riding it!), and I shot this video when I was riding a quad.

Lol!

Duke also liked biting the skateboard when I would ride it that he decided to just ride it himself and bite it afterwards, LMAO!

Oh man, where do I start? I have a TON of stories for you about Duke, haha, but I even have video to watch! Hope it doesn't make you miss her more. :(

We have this inflateable style pool (the one with the air ring on the top that floats on the water as you fill it up) and during the summer time Duke would love to jump into that thing. He got so used to it that when I'd play ball with him he would get hot and, after about 6 or 8 times of running back to me, he would just b-line it straight for the pool. He would run up the 4' high wall and catapult off the top of the ring and fly straight to the middle. He would stand on the bottom with his back legs and dog paddle around splashing water into his face, just so he could bite it! LOL, labs love the water but Duke makes a game out of everything.

This is when he had both eyes though. :(

Duke also loves things that move or are round like wheels. Anytime I take out the trash he bites the wheels on the garbage can, anytime I ride a bike he bites the wheels on the bike (yes AS I'm riding it!), and I shot this video when I was riding a quad.

Lol!

Duke also liked biting the skateboard when I would ride it that he decided to just ride it himself and bite it afterwards, LMAO!

Hey J im sure if you let him keep at that skate board he will be as good as you soon lol

Years ago, we had a Doberman named King. He was a rescue dog from the local shelter. He was a fun dog be around.

We didn't allow him on the furniture but he had a special way about him. He would always sleep at the foot of the bed. Yet, when you awoke in the morning, you would find him laying right there in bed with you. You would never catch him getting in the bed though! While watching TV he would obediently sit at my feet. Soon he would back up to the sofa. The he would slowly and deliberately back up and put his rear on the sofa. It would take 15 to 30 minutes, but at the end he would literally be in your lap! it was comical to see a dog his size attempt to be so stealthy. :)

Back