Took it to the dyno today...

Devin

Registered
I didn't know where to post this, so I put it here.

Took the car to the dyno, have been doing a lot of motor work on it lately and wanted to see what the benefit was. So I made pulls on motor only, no nitrous, and got this result that I was REALLY pleased with:

257 horsepower and 259 ft/lbs of torque on the axle. Works out to 320 HP/323 TQ or so on the motor, assuming a 20% powertrain loss.

I have yet to make it to the track with this configuration, but I am certain I can roll around in the mid to high 13s.

I'm happy! :D

A 100 shot, I take it? I have backed off the nitrous to spend some time on the engine, but will be adding it back in now that I am happy where I stand motor wise.

Nice to know that somewhere, out there, there were TWO Mark VIIIs on the dyno today!

A 100 shot, I take it? I have backed off the nitrous to spend some time on the engine, but will be adding it back in now that I am happy where I stand motor wise.

Nice to know that somewhere, out there, there were TWO Mark VIIIs on the dyno today!

Actually it's a 150 kit that was computer limited to a 130 shot.
I'll be taking it apart this coming winter to install forged parts and adding twin turbos. That is, unless the economy really tanks.

Both of you have good numbers. :)

I need to get my '93 on a dyno soon. FLM... where did you go to? Was it a tune session or just a dyno session?

I had it tuned for the NO2 kit. Had it done here in the Akron area.
I'll get some pics of the install up soon. Everything is controlled from the console.

Actually it's a 150 kit that was computer limited to a 130 shot.
I'll be taking it apart this coming winter to install forged parts and adding twin turbos. That is, unless the economy really tanks.

I would be *very* interested in seeing that build when you get done with it!

I have read that the whole 4.6/4r70w powerloss is closer to 23%, but it seems like 20% is more reasonable. Logres, how did you get your flywheel numbers?

And I want to say again that I would really enjoy seeing a twin turbo setup in one of these cars. I am very curious about how the exhaust would be routed.

I have read that the whole 4.6/4r70w powerloss is closer to 23%, but it seems like 20% is more reasonable. Logres, how did you get your flywheel numbers?

And I want to say again that I would really enjoy seeing a twin turbo setup in one of these cars. I am very curious about how the exhaust would be routed.

Flywheel power was obtained indirectly. I had the car dynoed when I first bought it and performed all of the routine maintenance (fuel filter, plugs, wires, air filter, pvc valve, all of the nickel-and-dime stuff). "Assuming" that the stock dyno run represented ~280 at the fly, I backward calculated my final flywheel power after installing a few bolt ons...and corrected for my completely locking TC...my drivetrain loss is about 10hp less than most Marks because of the TC.

Exhaust routing would indeed be creative on these cars...unless one went with a rear mounted turbo configuration.

Back