I want my mark back!!!! :(

maxmk8

Registered
So recently i really started missing my mark that I sold almost 2 years ago.

I sold it for not too much money, and it was modded in a great way for reliability and performance!

I just wish it got better gas mileage. If it wasn't silver and didn't have those notorious vibration problems I wouldn't have sold it.

I even thought about contacting the current owner and "Buying it back!!"

marksunrise2.jpg

checkers.jpg

:(!!!!!

Well i put selling the vette and getting something "better" on the backburner for now, I can't justify wasting money on a car in this economy.

I want my 96 back also :p but it is all the way across the country. While driving around town i spotted my mark, still in good shape parked 2 miles from my house!

Go get it... Silver is a great color on these cars...

And besides, if you buy another can then you're helping the economy :D

:D -J

Max, if you want a silver 98 with super duper low miles, there is one hiding somewhere close to you. Good pirce too. Clean slate to work on. I was gonna pick it up but it's too far for me.

You can't beat a gen 1 with Hids and tints in opal opalescent. A very stunning color combo IMO. If the interior was black also it would be a showstopper, but while i have seen a white/black gen 2 i have never seen a white/black gen 1.

Max...I feel ya.
sold the 97 LSC a couple weeks ago...to a friend/customer.
I dont miss it because it never got driven.

But dont let a 97 scare you. The transmission problems are only there if you dont address them.
shift accumulator upgrade, and no WOT 3-1 downshifts, and they'll live as long as a 98 tranny will.

I wouldnt hesitate to buy a clean, lo-mile 97 over a higher mile, not so clean 98.
You dont see too many 97 owners complaining about tranny troubles...seriously.

Today Chad is on his way up(on the airporter as we speak) to pick up my 94.

I aint gonna miss it. Probably because I stopped driving it regularly over a year ago.

As much as I adored them, after the recent major electrical problems a customer is having with his Spring Feature's air ride system, I am thanking my lucky stars I wont ever have to deal with that.

we already did his blend door, fixed his sunroof, driver's seat motor, brakes, and other nik-naks.

great cars to drive, and for the most part, incredible cars to own...but when you see all the small things that can ruin the ownership experience, they can really be a burden for people who dont know how, or can work on them themselves.

But I will say this...I put over 125k miles on my 94 in 4 1/2 years...and it was one of the most reliable cars I have owned.

I will miss that....for sure.

Max...there are plenty of decent ones out there cheap...the day you want one, you'll find one. But something tells me since you always had a complaint about your Mark VIII's somewhere along the lines, you'll never own another one.

You don't like that blue, J? I saw one in person here locally, and it's beautiful when you see it up close.

I'm a sucker for blue though, so I "might" be partial ;)

Back