Air to springs ET AL (a little long)

bhans40

Registered
While I enjoyed the air suspension on my Mark I knew if I kept it it would run more money then I could afford to keep the air, besides I don't have the trouble shooting skills most of you have nor the mechanical skills .....I also did it so I don't have the stress of knowing something is going to go wrong, just don't know when.... So I opted to go to a coil suspension.....I also changed the upper and lower control arms, stabilizer bar links and most everything else that had to do with the suspension.....The job itself was pretty straight forward.... WE did this Saturday the 7th and it took all day....I say we because I have a friend (a good friend) who came over to help.....it took 7 hours and I finished putting it back together on Monday for 5 hours....I'm slow.... purchased the kit from Eddie....the rest of the parts from Amazon and Parts Geek,Rock Auto .....Hopefully this will be the last time I crawl under my Mark....I've come to a point in my life (73) where I just want to enjoy the car and think taking care of this major endevour will last at least 100k @ 10-12k a year or until I stop driving....Oh, the car will be maintained in the condition it is now which is a excellent driver, no dents.chips or dings.....paint is also excellent....Thanks for letting me post this.....bruce Senior Citizen :)

Back