Ever find one of your long lost cars in the classifieds?

Destroyer

Registered
I did on Craigslist. I bought this '66 Cutlass back in 1998 just because I wanted the hard to find center console it had for my '67 and the black interior (mine had a yellowish interior). Car ran and looked good and took it for only $1k at the time. I took the parts I wanted, swapped over my interior into it (painted it black) and sold it to my best bud. Almost immediately we found a '70 Olds '98 that a tree fell on but it had the 455 and TH400 which we swapped over to the '66. My buddy added Hotchkis sway bars along with full suspension, Hooker headers and MSD ignition. Car ran 8.60's in the 1/8 which translates to a low 13 or so. Finding it on Craigslist brought back some memories of my '66 and the '67, my first house and all the work we did to those cars. I was into Oldsmobiles in a big way, one of the pics has my 355 SBC '84 Cutlass too. Anyway, here's the ad and a few picks of the car 11 years prior.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/1035614988.html

66side.jpg

67and66res.jpg

66and672.jpg

LMAO!

No...I've been hoping to see what ever happened to my 88 X-Chp Notchback though....pretty unique car. :)

Thats pretty cool. Whenever I actually want to buy back one of the cars I used to own, i can't find it!

Back