Bucking?

Father.Figure

Registered
I have a 2002 LS V8 and it started doing some light bucking instead of just smoothely driving. I had a shop look at it and they said it needs a tuneup but i was hoping to get maybe a little more of a specific direction to look in to. The car has 96K on it if that matters. Thanks

David.....tell us a little more about the car. When does it "buck" or misfire, all the time, only under load, only when idling?? When was the last time a tune-up was done, etc....

A basic tune up would be spark plugs, air/fuel filters, pcv valve and an oil change. Honestly....your bucking issue is probably just caused by a misfire, which is most likely caused by one of the spark plug boots failing.

So....if you haven't done ANYTHING EVER to the car, this is what I would replace....and you can do it all if you have some mechanical ability...its all pretty easy. Plus, we can provide pictures/instructions if you're unsure of something.

My list:

Spark Plugs (Copper Autolite (Not Platinums))
Spark Plug Boots aka Coil Boots
Air Filter
Fuel Filter
PCV Valve
Oil Filter and Oil Change
All 4 O2 Sensors (or atleast the front 2 if you can't afford them all)
And last but not least....run a can of SeaFoam through it before you do the tune up.

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20442

You could also have a bad coil depending on your symptoms so give us some more info.

Back