Carlisle 2009

JP, stock Mark VIII's ruled the burn out competition last year.

It would be great to see yours in the competition this year. :D

I agree Driller, you could probably keep yours in 3rd gear! A little bug & tar remover gets the rubber right off! GO FOR IT! I'll be in line right behind ya..

I agree Driller, you could probably keep yours in 3rd gear! A little bug & tar remover gets the rubber right off! GO FOR IT! I'll be in line right behind ya..

I tend to do all my burnouts locked in second gear.

I hope to have a hub swap done by then, so I'd have to find a set of spare wheels/tires to swap. Generally, my rear bumper cover is only clean once or twice a year, so I'm not too concerned about the rubber residue. LOL :D

I'll have to see how my year pans out....to drive from here out to Carlisle. I'd love to make it again. Maybe I could do a relay....drive to Texas and then ride with Jay to PA. That is if he stops being a giant vagina and can make it out now and then. ;)

Gotta make room for my chainsaw in case you drug my drinks again. :p
c3be99b7968d8da3b283c3e3ccc1e1d7.jpg

You're not alone!
They spike my bottle too!

If you use Saran wrap and put it on the bumper before the burnouts, it works quite well. lol After your done destroying some rubber, peel it off and you have a cool memento! (rubber-caked-plastic-wrap) hah!

Well, Penny made the decision NOT to bring the trailer !! I really had to do some looking to find a place to stay....ORBITZ found me a place...sure ain't the Tal Mahal, but it's got a King size and a coffee pot! Be there Fri-Mon AM and not THAT far from the fairgrounds. Closer than the campgrounds. Us oldies (but goodies) don't need luxurious anyway.

Well, Penny made the decision NOT to bring the trailer !! I really had to do some looking to find a place to stay....ORBITZ found me a place...sure ain't the Tal Mahal, but it's got a King size and a coffee pot! Be there Fri-Mon AM and not THAT far from the fairgrounds. Closer than the campgrounds. Us oldies (but goodies) don't need luxurious anyway.
Does that mean you're taking the Super Duty? ;)

I am NOT taking the Super Duty nor the trailer.... she said she didn't want to drive up there behind me (in the Mark) pulling the trailer with the SD.

...and I doubt if the Super Duty could pass off as a Lincoln even WITH a sign on it!!!
Don't be too sure, dude! Just ask Cadillac Joe!! :D

Case in point:

Cadillac disguised AND registered as a Lincoln in a Ford show...
attachment.php

Lady VOTING for said Cadillac (which may not have even been disguised that day).
vote.jpg

Last edited:
I may have voted for the caddy too. I'm going to try to make it again this year, in my new to me 93. I plan last minute though, so I'll either be staying a long drive from the fairgrounds or trying to split a room with someone.

Back