Driver seat has no power functions!

AnthraxBird

Registered
Need some quick help here guys. The driver side power seat doesn't work. No movement at all on the seat, and no heated seat. Only thing that works is the power lumbar. Now, you hit the switch any way, and it clicks. I find it hard to beleive that all of the motors don't work, so maybe a relay? How many relays are under the seat? (checked all fuses and I searched =P)

Your seat hates you and your doomed... :D

ok, maybe not... but if you hear a click that would imply that power is getting to something passed the switch... so I have no idea...

Have you tried hitting the switch without sitting in the seat?

:D -J

lol yeah, even tried to give it a nudge to see if it would work. The bad part is, it's gonna be a PITA taking that seat out without it working. haha

Yup, the plug is good. Wiggled it and everything. I'm hoping it's a bad relay, cause all of the wires looked good... no corrosion or burnt wires. Other than that ill have to get my multimeter out, and I dont want to do that =P Yeah I searched an read that post. Atleast his seat was moving so he could get at the 2 rear seat bolts. lol. I think I can get to the rears with a deep socket and a ratchet.. if not I will probly have to take the seat off of the track.

Last edited:
If you remove the lower plastic cover that holds the switches, you should be able to remove the lower cushion enough to apply 12 volts directly to the motor that moves the seat forward and back (unplug the motor wire first). The cushion is held to the seat frame with plastic clips.

Ahh i didn't know that. Whenever I don't know about plastic clips, they always get broke. =P Ill let ya know how it goes, thanks bill!

Like drink beer and eat wings?! =P

Don't forget to take photos, here are some I took at a Vette meet a while back.

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

72af22a0.jpg

e304e1b4.jpg

7084d7cc.jpg

dd1790db.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

Those are some nice shots of seats.:)

Sorry, here are some ugly ones. The clips are pretty easy if you can get to them. You need to press the cushion down to release the tension on them then just move them off the rail.
Here's a photo of the bottom of a gen 1:

seatbottomclips.jpg

The seatback will hold the cushion down in the back but you should be able to move the bottom cushion out of the way enough to get in there.

Oh please, it was snowing. Our girls here actually make it into the Hooters calendar. :p

Back