Yahoo/Google Gurus in here please

Roadboss

On Work Release
I have been bugged in recent times by all the wrong places that come up when I enter one of these search engines looking for a site. It is apparent that some folks pay to get their site listed continually first or near the top of the list for any kind of search. Is their a way to get to the correct site faster than paging thru all this smoke and mirror stuff? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have been bugged in recent times by all the wrong places that come up when I enter one of these search engines looking for a site. It is apparent that some folks pay to get their site listed continually first or near the top of the list for any kind of search. Is their a way to get to the correct site faster than paging thru all this smoke and mirror stuff? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Run a quality spyware check on your machine. I use Spybot SD in combination with Adware. Chances are you've got some spyware on your machine that is influencing your search results.

I mean it shows up on the google or yahoo site. An example would be a search or "Summit racing" turns up a whole bunch of sites with searches inside of them. These are in the Google or Yahoo site.

Oh, I also am using Norton Security System.

I mean it shows up on the google or yahoo site. An example would be a search or "Summit racing" turns up a whole bunch of sites with searches inside of them. These are in the Google or Yahoo site.

Oh, I also am using Norton Security System.

Just for yuks I searched for "Summit racing" on Google both with and without quotes (there is a difference you know) and both times the first four listings were for Summit Racing. SO I don't quite understand your problem. What do you mean by "searches inside of them?"

Here is what I see. It was funny because I was trying to e mail this page to myself and it changed over to look the way Leo described it I think. Comments welcomed.

Attachments

• Summit 1.jpg
    Summit 1.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 0
Here is what I used to see and I think what Leo was seeing on his initial look up. Comments welcomed

Attachments

• summit 3.jpg
    summit 3.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 0
Yep, some malware has infected your PC.

SpyBot time.

Sometimes it is just better to, back-up, reformat and reinstall.
There is a lot of nasty malware out there now and it is very, very sneaky. You need to be careful even with up to date protection.

Thanks for the help guys. I thought Norton was giving me protection against this so I will go to see about Spybot.

Thanks for the help guys. I thought Norton was giving me protection against this so I will go to see about Spybot.

My wife got malware with Norton, I don't belive there is one product that can give you 100% protection against every thing that is out there now.
She got the one that looks like MS Vista's security center window. And I think she clicked on it.

My wife got malware with Norton, I don't belive there is one product that can give you 100% protection against every thing that is out there now.
She got the one that looks like MS Vista's security center window. And I think she clicked on it.

Even worse are the email attacks that use psuedo email addresses...

My wife clicked on an email sent to her from my work email address and was suprised big time! :eek:

Makes ya wonder why you pay for these high dollar subscriptions they sell you if we have toi thru all this all the time. I just went to the Symantec web site and there they are with there hand out for more money, even though I have 6 months left on my current subscription.

Yep Charlie, Wendy had that same thing happen to her work laptop. We both work for IBM, and they use a corporate version of Symantec Antivirus and Symantec Client Firewall on the laptops and that thing somehow made it through.

I think spybot fixed it for her. I agree with everyone that running multiple antivirus programs are the way to go. Besides the IBM issued ones, I run a bunch of free ones - spybot, ad-aware, windows defender, and yahoo anti-spy all seem to find one thing or another.

Followup: I ran Malware bytes and Defender and Norton, deleted all my cookies and still have the same senario.

Followup: I ran Malware bytes and Defender and Norton, deleted all my cookies and still have the same senario.

You're not going to get rid of it that easy, these viruses hide in the restore part of windows, so even if you remove it with a program, they can resurrect themselves. You need to do things like go into the registry and delete things, manually remove files, boot up in safe mode, etc. It is a real PITA

Best bet is to back-up, reformat, and reinstall.

Back