Couple of Mark VIII (Gen2) questions - Seat and Speakers

FrankAZ

Registered
I am in the market for a Gen2 Mark VIII, and have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone might be able to answer.

One of the ones I've looked at had a sunroof - but, I'm 6'6 and my hair just brushed the roof itself. Does anyone know if its possible to lower the seat anymore (such as cutting, welding, etc) or not to give me about 1/2 to 3/4" more room?

The other thing I'm looking for - is does someone have a photo of the speakers for the doors and rears? I have an existing set of components I'd like to get near ready to go in, but, it requires cutting adapters to give me the right fit. My existing tbird adapters that I cut out of ABS sheet in 2003 have seen "better days" and its time for new ones out of HDPE plastic.

I have seen photos of the removed speakers, and they appear to be the standard for 5x8 in physical size? (If this is right - I should be able to use an existing TBird factory speaker to start with.)

Rears go to a 6.75" round, doors to a 6.5" component set. Thankfully - I've seen enough dash pictures, so, I know my deck shouldn't be to bad to put in (much easier than putting a double din in a Thunderbird)

Back