Air Bag Maintenance

calisonic

Registered
Is there any chemical, treatment or technique that can be applied to a good set of bags to prolong their life?

Is there any chemical, treatment or technique that can be applied to a good set of bags to prolong their life?
Not to my knowledge. If they were a pair of light duty rubber gloves, they could be made more pliable. But these bags support the weight of the car and do double duty as suspension springs. Constant use will keep them from drying out, but when they wear out, they wear out. Time to remove and replace.

I believe Eddie of American Air Suspension mentioned once that liberally applying a good quanity of silicone protector on the bags would help them resist dry rotting. So thats what I try and do once a year.

ive heard of truckers putting anti freeze on the bags to make them last longer, supposably softens the rubber...havent tried it myself and wouldnt do so until i've done some more research on it...anything that prolongs the life of rubber should help though.

I believe Eddie of American Air Suspension mentioned once that liberally applying a good quanity of silicone protector on the bags would help them resist dry rotting. So thats what I try and do once a year.

Yeah that was my first idea but I just wanted to make sure first, Thanks.

Back