DVD ripper?

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
Can I rip a FLM DVD manual to the hard disc and be able to use it without the DVD? I have two DVDs I want to access on a PC without a DVD drive.

Can I rip a FLM DVD manual to the hard disc and be able to use it without the DVD? I have two DVDs I want to access on a PC without a DVD drive.
I tried and failed to do it. There is something in the run file that looks for the CD. That needs to be patched out.

I tired at one time too and could not get it to work. Also I could not copy it because it was duel layer or something like that.

I had our IT guy rip it to a portable HDD but like Jerry said, it looks to the DVD drive for the disc. I found a couple ini files and tried modifying them but nothing works yet. :mad:

I had something that worked, but I forget what, I will figure it out and get back to you.

Mount a virtual DVD drive to do what you want.

A niche favorite:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/home

The lite version is still free I think.

Also, look at this Freeware program:

http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm

You're computer will mount another drive letter and run an ISO image of the DVD as if it was a real DVD in a real DVD drive.

Thanks!

I remember that now from a long time ago when I had a mini-laptop without a an optical drive. I forget the software I used then but I'm sure one of the above will work! :)

oh daemon tools is good but it'll run the whole DVD plus you have to have a DVD player to get it on there, I thought you just wanted part of it

What I'm looking to do is have the DVD manual on a PC without a DVD drive. I used to keep the DVD in the drive all the time on my other machine and had it readily accessible. I had one DVD crap out from the constant use. This laptop has no optical drive. I can copy the DVD (actually two of them) to a portable HDD and transfer them to the HDD on this one. Then I can have access to the manual without the actual DVD.

I used a virtual CD drive back in the day before DVDs with great success. It was especially helpful for multiple CD sets since you didn't have to physically change CDs all the time.

what about running said program from a memory stick? after putting it on that stick on a computer that has a DVD drive? just copy an image and use daemon tools to view it

Yeah, I'd say you could have the disk images on a thumbdrive and mount them from there. With a 32GB USB drive, you could hold a library of virtual DVDs accessible from any PC. I'm thinking you would only need to have to have the virtual drive software installed on the PC. I could then have it on my work PC, work laptop and home laptop(s).

I may have to try that since I always carry my thumbdrive on me.

SUCCESS!

I used MagicISO to copy the image file from the DVD drive on another laptop to a portable HDD. I then copied the folder to the HDD on the machine without the DVD drive. Using MagicDisc virtual drive, I then 'mounted' the image file and wala... I had a DVD drive with the disc "image". Using setup from the disc, I installed the manual and now when I access the program, the virtual disc drive is used as a DVD drive and the program works!

Now I will copy the other DVD and bring it on board and create another virtual drive for it. I can see several virtual drives in my future. :)

Thanks everyone! :D

Back