Carlisle 2009

Sigh... I'd love to come to this thing. I'd really enjoy seeing all those Marks in one place, but it's a 1000 mile trip ONE WAY. :( Just can't do it.

come on... it's only 1000 miles, thats like right down the street... 12 to 14 hours down the street, but still right down the street...

I'm about to drive to Chicago, 1200... and if I can do it, small children, animals... the elderly... can do it... :D

Carlisle is so much fun, you gotta go...

:D -J

Devin, did we meet you at one of the WFC's?

Pfft to 1K miles. ;)

If you want a shorter trip and shorter notice, check out the LOD events for the upcoming Chicago area meet, which may happen this weekend. Or next weekend. We just don't know.

I haven't met anybody! Ever! Well I take it back, Junkman is from here, so I have met him. :)

I have an intensely busy schedule, so running off to Chicago on two week's notice isn't really possible for me. Sigh. I'd just love to see more than two Mark VIIIs in the same area sometime.

Joe, the Mrs. and I are booked there through Sunday night but we may leave Sunday. We'll just have to see.

If that's the one on "the strip" of Carlisle... the one where they really didn't like us having our own booze on the patio... the one where even the desk clerk right around dawn was pretty impressed that we were still out there drinking like it was our mission in life... the one where we gave the homeless guy green birthday cake... the one where Isaac stole the Comfort Suites flag and then danced around in the street with it...

then yes...

I hope that's it, cause I'm booked at the hotel from Friday to check out Monday...

How long are we actually going to be there, are we leaving Monday?

STOP IT. your making want to drive out to meet with you all!!!

What's stopping you? OK, seriously, if the drive is too far, consider flying. Rent a Ford and enter it, (it's been done before) or just join one of us without renting a car.

I'm booked through Sunday I think, but no plans are definite at this point.

Joe, the Mrs. and I are booked there through Sunday night but we may leave Sunday. We'll just have to see.

Ok, good... so if we take off Sun great... and if we take off Mon great... :D

I haven't met anybody! Ever! Well I take it back, Junkman is from here, so I have met him. :)

I have an intensely busy schedule, so running off to Chicago on two week's notice isn't really possible for me. Sigh. I'd just love to see more than two Mark VIIIs in the same area sometime.

So then how's 24 hours notice, cause I think it's going to be party time in Chicago from Saturday afternoon till sometime in the middle of the week... :D

I can say with with all honesty, I have never known a group of people who consistently party as hard as the LOD... if you've never had the pleasure of being involved in a real LOD event, you gotta do it... just make sure your liver is up to the challenge, and sleeping is optional... :lodrules:

BTW Leo, nice pic of the hotel...

Attachments

• PA266A2.JPG
    PA266A2.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
  • flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 0
By the way you guys, when we first started staying there, what, 4 years now?, I joined their Choice Rewards program. You get points for staying there and using the membership card in many places and online stores and I accumulate enough points during the year for several free nights each year at Comfort and other of their hotels. It's well worth it. www.choicehotels.com

Also, anyone wishing to stay Sunday night there shouldn't be a problem as most everyone leaves on Sunday.

Whereever ya'll pick for dinner is fine with me..... point me in the right direction, wind me up and push.....

BTW, Naples, Florida is beautiful.....80*, sun, slight breeze.... feels like the Aruba commercial! Yep - I'm rubbin' it in!

I can say with with all honesty, I have never known a group of people who consistently party as hard as the LOD... if you've never had the pleasure of being involved in a real LOD event, you gotta do it... just make sure your liver is up to the challenge, and sleeping is optional... :lodrules:

Looks like I gotta out-drink someone now! muwahhaa :D

Looks like I gotta out-drink someone now! muwahhaa :D

Oh honey, you couldn't possibly have enough years of experience. Trust me, you can probably out-drink me (I'm way out of practice it seems and I'm finding out this week), but you'd NEVER outdrink Sax.

I would like to say in Sharon's defense, that she is holding her own quite well... :D

2839595730039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

You need new tires? I can't imagine why, they looked fine at the burnout competition last year.:D

I hope you'll be bringing the old tires with you this year.:)

LOL on the rear tires. :)

According to Hubby, we may bring both of our Marks if the price of gas stays as low as it is.

JP, stock Mark VIII's ruled the burn out competition last year.

It would be great to see yours in the competition this year. :D

Back