Yet another new guy here

B-Line

Registered
Hi everyone, I'll start off with a lil story. I'm 25. At the age of 16, I fell in love with a green on green '69 Mark III that was for sale locally for $1,100. Had some rust but I didn't care it was awsome! My dad however didn't think so, saying thats too much car for you boy. So it wasn't meant to be. I got an '88 S-10 V6 auto instead. . Fast forward 2 years, graduation and turned 18 so I could now pick out my own car! But couldn't find a Lincoln. So I gave a Cadillac a try instead. 1981 Sedan Deville. It was beutiful yes, but plaged with all the problems they are known for, and after 2 years with that, I left it go for a song and got a RELIABLE 4cyl 03 S-10. Had some fun in that for a while but once again got board with it, just in time to find what I was looking for all along! A Saddle and white luxury pakaged 1976 Mark IV for cheap was just what the docter ordered!!! So now I plan on selling the Chevy, and driving the old girl everywhere I go. Shes a little rough around the edges, but just like women, they're a more fun when they're a little on the trashy side haha! Still looks great from 10 feet away:eek: So I will spruce her up a little at a time, while daily driving it. So far I already lowered it 5", have a HUGE stereo to go in, satalite radio and the whole bit, and next is some wide whitewall tires on the factory alloys and new dual exhausts. Couldn't be happier! Don't worry, I dont do hack job work, and I will not deface what the car stands for. I see there isn't much action on the Mark forum, but figured what the heck, I'll register and see how it goes. Glad to be here.

Welcome! :D

The Mark IV is a true icon in the Lincoln heritage. Beautiful cars from days gone by. We wish you luck with it and hope you enjoy your experiences with the car and here on the message board.

Post some pics when you get a chance! :D

Welcome to the Lincolns of Distinction!

The Mark IV is a favorite of mine too.

We're counting on you to wake up the Mark section.:D

Thanks I'm new to the sight. What's the average mileage when one starts have AIR RIDE problems. My Mark V111 has 44000 on it.

Here she is:
bmarkline
bmarkline
bmarkline

aaaahhhhh. I have walked away from a 76 mark IV this week. 77,000 original miles and it runs and drives. all it needs is a set of hub caps and the top replaced. I had to think twice about saying no to that $600.00 beauty, but with 2 mark VIII's and a Mark V collectors series needing restoration, i figured I would be pushing my luck! its a shame too. Its a good lookin car. Mark V's have always been my favorite by far, and the mark IV is pretty close behind that.

ps....Glad to see another young one on here that LOVES the big marks. at 21 years old, I traded an 8 month old mustang in for a black on black towncar that was 4 years old! and i would do it again in a second!!

Last edited:
aaaahhhhh. I have walked away from a 76 mark IV this week. 77,000 original miles and it runs and drives. all it needs is a set of hub caps and the top replaced. I had to think twice about saying no to that $600.00 beauty, but with 2 mark VIII's and a Mark V collectors series needing restoration, i figured I would be pushing my luck! its a shame too. Its a good lookin car. Mark V's have always been my favorite by far, and the mark IV is pretty close behind that.

ps....Glad to see another young one on here that LOVES the big marks. at 21 years old, I traded an 8 month old mustang in for a black on black towncar that was 4 years old! and i would do it again in a second!!

I woulda let go of the stang too! But I wouldn't have walked away from a $600 IV haha. Sucks your halfway accrossed the country, I'd get you to hook me up with that one!

Back