Quickest Lincolns of Distinction - DISCUSSION

Congrats Thomas on your new time.
If I would run 13.00 I would go and remove something from the vehicle(seat,floor mats,) or drain some of the fuel and go back for the 12 sec pass hahaha. Anyway its a good time and I hope you will run way faster soon with the MPH you have there.My first time at the race track with the blower I run 13.0 too but at only like 106 mph.

Yeah, I tried pulling the seat but couldn't get traction the rest of the day, so no difference. I did make it to the track again today and managed a 12.97 @ 110. The car just seems to be stuck right at 13.0, even though the mph and rwhp says differently. There must be something in the mix that is just not quick right. I'm sure spinning the 1-2 shift badly doesn't help things.

Your new times are impressive!!!!! Congrats!

Thomas

Someone needs to build a track in Death Valley, CA.

0% humidity, BELOW sea level, and cold winter nights!

we get below sea level DA around here, and in the dead of winter the humidity gets very very low.

I ran at LSMP at right at 600 ft ( 598 ) below sea level with 35% humidity

I guess I get to toot my own horn. :D

driller/John Peters/93 Mark VIII/13.113 @ 104.31

I'll get a pic of the slip up soon.

That "TOOT" was heard all the way down here in Houston Texas!!!

nice job JP!

your "oh so close" to that first 12 second pass as Johnny Langton would say with "no sissy power adders"!

HATS OFF SIR!

Newbie Hank here, looking for some tips on low budget effective mods for gen 1 cars, info like, chip manufactures claming 5-6mpg.-30-50hp gains withh better shifting @ 60-80 $ compared to 2 stage adjustable chips for 2-400$ blah blah. Just looking to increase breathing with KN, a chip up , etc for a little better than factory boost without any costly side effects. Thanks, Hank

chip manufactures claming 5-6mpg.-30-50hp gains withh better shifting @ 60-80 $

Doesn't exist.

There are some cheap ways to add small amounts of power that will last longer. Copper plugs, performance wires, fuel pump, chip, are some of the better things for your money.

Newbie Hank here, looking for some tips on low budget effective mods for gen 1 cars, info like, chip manufactures claming 5-6mpg.-30-50hp gains withh better shifting @ 60-80 $ compared to 2 stage adjustable chips for 2-400$ blah blah. Just looking to increase breathing with KN, a chip up , etc for a little better than factory boost without any costly side effects. Thanks, Hank

I know of no chip or real tuning business that can offer that for that price. That type of power gain and mpg can be achieved with some diesel trucks but not for 60 - 80 bucks. The only gas vehicles I know of that will gain 30 plus are the factory forced induction types such as 03/04 Cobras and the Shelbys but they don't gain that much in fuel and you won't get it for that price. Not even 200 - 400 bucks with the newer Shelbys. Don't fall for those that will quote you those types of results. Chances are it's a gimmick or they have hidden requirements that need to be installed.

Omg

Omg

Where have i been? Just looked at the 1/4 mile times and 1/8 mile times NA to see whos doing what... wow wow and wow. Congrats Driller ! And all NA with no power adder. Hats off to you man for sticking to the formula and tweaking that beast little by little. I have to pay attention more often. You, Lonnie, Burbank and Mike are dominating the lists now. :cool::cool: Too cool.

Wow!!!!

Wow!!!!

Driller is on top. Grats again on takin number one for NA! Insane. Sorry im late on the grats, havent been on here looking in a bit. Thats going to be evil when you finaly squeeze the last drops out of it NA and switch to boosted or spray. :cool: Especially since you truly are stock with all bolt ons. Not an engine swap. Wow.

I just wanted to post up that last Sat at the track I posted up a 14.11 on motor only, with an abysmal 2.31 60'. The track was not sticking at all (ground is still quite cold) and I spun badly. I know that on motor I can launch in the high 2.0 sixties on a good track so I really REALLY think that I have a 13 second N/A car on my hands, which would thrill me greatly!

... a 14.11 on motor only, with an abysmal 2.31 60'!

Spinning a bit, were we? LOL :D

I remember a few launches right after I got the high stall converter where I thought I would have to help push the car to get it to launch! That's when I decided to get rid of those Nitto drag radials and try something else.

Well I don't feel bad because EVERYONE was spinning. They just reground the track and added to the cold, cold ground at the moment there's just no traction out there at all. Not to mention that this was a run on street tires and not my drag radials.

I can do consistent low 12s on nitrous (plus a 1.7 60') but I would really like to get a 13 second time slip on motor.

Back