Fuel Filter

BlackMark8

Registered
My fuel filter wont come off, ive done this before and never remember having this trouble before.... The bottom "clip" came off and i even got the hose off, but the top hose, that goes to the motor, wont come off. I removed the belly band off the filter bottom hose is off and i removed the little clip that goes to the top hose and the filter... and i pried,pulled and twisted it and it wont come off !! lol i never remember having this trouble, any tips ?????

fuelpic3.jpg

you can use these:
Fuel_line_tool.jpg

or these, this is what i use, $10 bucks at autozone and work perfect:
Air_Conditioning_Fuel_Line_Disconnect_Tool_Set_LISLE_37000.84223317_std.jpg

you arent crimping, the bottom hose came off easily because its different then the top hose, the top hose has clips inside it and a spring holds the clips outward stopping the line from popping off, when you stick the tool in, it releases the spring and lets the fuel line come off, when you put the new filter in, you simply push the line back onto the top of the filter and it will automatically lock back on. the air conditioning lines use the same style ends as that fuel line, the tools you see in the last pic will work on all the lines in the engine bay, they are all different sizes, thats why i bought those, so i can remove all the lines.

Jamie where is the fuel filter on a 1995 Mark V111?? Along frame rails?? At 44000 is it time to change it ??? Never been changed that I know of. Bought car at 41000.

you arent crimping, the bottom hose came off easily because its different then the top hose, the top hose has clips inside it and a spring holds the clips outward stopping the line from popping off, when you stick the tool in, it releases the spring and lets the fuel line come off, when you put the new filter in, you simply push the line back onto the top of the filter and it will automatically lock back on. the air conditioning lines use the same style ends as that fuel line, the tools you see in the last pic will work on all the lines in the engine bay, they are all different sizes, thats why i bought those, so i can remove all the lines.

Jamie where is the fuel filter on a 1995 Mark V111 ?? Has 44000,,is it time to change?? I bought it at 41000 ?? Owner died,,sister didn't know,,it sat for years in garage. Had her own car. Tires were 8 1/2 years old with 14000 miles on them. I just put new Michlins on at Sams last week.

LOL!
Go easy Jamie.
Ive done that too.

As far as I know all Mark V111's fuel filters are behind the pass. side wheel well cover.

Where is the fuel filter on a 1995 Mark V111?? along frame rail?? Mine has 44000 time to change???

SEARCH!!! Use the search function....but its in the passenger fender well.

Jamie where is the fuel filter on a 1995 Mark V111?? Along frame rails?? At 44000 is it time to change it ??? Never been changed that I know of. Bought car at 41000.

Jamie where is the fuel filter on a 1995 Mark V111 ?? Has 44000,,is it time to change?? I bought it at 41000 ?? Owner died,,sister didn't know,,it sat for years in garage. Had her own car. Tires were 8 1/2 years old with 14000 miles on them. I just put new Michlins on at Sams last week.

Thats cool. Its in the fenderwell. Lol! Mojo went on a rage in every thread telling us about his 95 m111. :)

Back