tremble

jrmark8

Registered
hey everyone new to the site, i have a question when i turn the steering wheel without being in motion(foward and reverse) the car vibrates as if its going to turn off.?

Why did you post in "Brakes & Suspension? Have you checked Power Steering fluid level?
What year is the car?

sounds like your idle air to me. Not enough air going in to make enough torque to move the power steering pump causing you to almost stall out... Probibly doesn't do it in park since the RPMs are over 500 to begin with

check the fluid =P

Why did you post in "Brakes & Suspension? Have you checked Power Steering fluid level?
What year is the car?

its a 96 mark , and sorry about posting on BRAKES & SUSPENSION but i thought the steering is part of the suspension. i also check the fluid looks good with the proper level....peace

Steering doesn't have its own forum so maybe this should be posted in the General Tech section?

Brakes , Suspension, and Steering issues can be related to each other though, Maybe steering should be included in this forum? I'm not sure.

How are the plugs, wires or coil boots, and other maintenance items? The power steering does put a load on the engine.

Let us know when you get to check it out.

By the way, we just included steering into the topics discussed here.

Steering problems can often be related to brake and suspension problems.

Let us know when you get to check it out.

By the way, we just included steering into the topics discussed here.

Steering problems can often be related to brake and suspension problems.

I've noticed, thanks i'll let you guys know on my next time off

Have you ever tried to turn a manual steer car as heavy as the Mark Vlll when it is just sitting. It surely will give you manly arms. As a rule you shouldn't be yanken on your steering wheel like that as you a way overstressing the steering system which will pull your RPMS down. The shaking is more than likely caused by the normal condition of plugs, wires, coils beginning to show need for replacement as the engine is loaded by the power steering pump by cranking on the wheel.

Steering doesn't have its own forum so maybe this should be posted in the General Tech section?

Brakes , Suspension, and Steering issues can be related to each other though, Maybe steering should be included in this forum? I'm not sure.

How are the plugs, wires or coil boots, and other maintenance items? The power steering does put a load on the engine.

im gonna do a full tune-up today, i was thinking ford racing wires, platinum sparkplugs,coils and seafoam. which of the following do you guys recommend ?

Have you ever tried to turn a manual steer car as heavy as the Mark Vlll when it is just sitting. It surely will give you manly arms. As a rule you shouldn't be yanken on your steering wheel like that as you a way overstressing the steering system which will pull your RPMS down. The shaking is more than likely caused by the normal condition of plugs, wires, coils beginning to show need for replacement as the engine is loaded by the power steering pump by cranking on the wheel.

your right, it also does it when im backing in and out of the driveway so im just gonna go ahead and do a full tune up...peace

Back